Post-Brexit

SlayerX

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Although it probably was, and it's rather unlikely, if the negotiations got completely out of control, it's not entirely impossible for Eu governments to put pressure on UEFA to take sanctions against 'British' nations by excluding them.

It is entirely impossible.

The original question was exceptionally stupid.

As is your post.

It is entirely impossible.
As is your post.

I clearly said it's rather unlikely.

However it's not 'entirely impossible'. Look at the history of the Olympics if you need examples of nations putting pressure on governing bodies to boycott events.

I would say that you are entirely stupid to think in today's political environment that anything is impossible.

57 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I clearly said it's rather unlikely.

However it's not 'entirely impossible'. Look at the history of the Olympics if you need examples of nations putting pressure on governing bodies to boycott events.

I would say that you are entirely stupid to think in today's political environment that anything is impossible.

Oh do be quiet.

There have always been loads of countries that participate in UEFA tournaments that aren't EU members.  To suggest a potential connection is utterly absurd.

Oh do be quiet.
There have always been loads of countries that participate in UEFA tournaments that aren't EU members.  To suggest a potential connection is utterly absurd.

How about we do a deal?

I'll be quiet and you'll be a little less self righteous?

Ta.

This is preposterous. There are 55 UEFA members but only 28 EU member states (equivalent to 32 UEFA members counting the Home Nations + Gibraltar but not the Faroes) - half.

You do know we are only discussing a scenario which we all agree is very highly unlikely? A point I make in every post here.

However whilst I accept your point that there are countries outside the EU, imagine a scenario that Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Holland etc all threatened to boycott the tournament on the demands of their respective governments.....

You know, I am getting a bit concerned that I am starting to sound like our Chairman....think I will call it quits here. [emoji16]

I forgot about Israel, though clearly it's more for safety reasons why they don't play in the Asian qualifiers/tournaments.

There's also the likes of Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, which as far as I am aware are part of Asia not Europe (at least according to Sporcle), but are all in UEFA. Not sure what the reasoning is there exactly.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

You do know we are only discussing a scenario which we all agree is very highly unlikely? A point I make in every post here.

However whilst I accept your point that there are countries outside the EU, imagine a scenario that Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Holland etc all threatened to boycott the tournament on the demands of their respective governments.....

You know, I am getting a bit concerned that I am starting to sound like our Chairman....think I will call it quits here. emoji16.png

You said you'd be quiet.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And you appear to be the authority on exceptionally stupid. Well done.

Fine, you knew the answer, congratulations, tell me your secret.

If you thinking asking questions is the path to stupidity then I would suggest that you ask a lot more, as your attitude appears to be one of a person who doesn't know very much, and the little you do know, you jump up and down in hysterics whenever you get the chance to display your knowledge.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

53 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

And you appear to be the authority on exceptionally stupid. Well done.

Fine, you knew the answer, congratulations, tell me your secret.

If you thinking asking questions is the path to stupidity then I would suggest that you ask a lot more, as your attitude appears to be one of a person who doesn't know very much, and the little you do know, you jump up and down in hysterics whenever you get the chance to display your knowledge.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Good Lord.  

A genuine fool.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You promised to be less self righteous if I shut up? Both failing miserably.emoji16.png

Now now, don't be too hard on the boy, he just wants some attention, he does so by over-compensating.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Good Lord.  

A genuine fool.

And another thing, mate, if you have the temerity to insult me then at least do it via message, unless you need an audience... which is... let's face it, a little embarrassing.

And by "little", I mean "a lot".

:)

10 hours ago, SlayerX said:

And another thing, mate, if you have the temerity to insult me then at least do it via message, unless you need an audience... which is... let's face it, a little embarrassing.

And by "little", I mean "a lot".

:)

You want me to insult you via Personal Messages?

That's a little unusual.

Archived