Post-Brexit

SlayerX

Surely we won't be able to participate in the European Championships after Brexit?

Also, what about the UK clubs, will they still be able to participate in European football?

I know that it'll take about 5+ years for it to kick in, but has anyone got any idea how it'll work, football-wise?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't such a stupid question: :P

"Sports immigration lawyer Maria Patsalos, from law firm Mishcon de Reya, reassured to football fans by confirming that England could still play in European Championships. 

Ms Patsalos told Express.co.uk: "Membership in the EU is not relevant to the UEFA position, as the members of UEFA are entirely separate. 

“For example, neither Switzerland and Russia are in the EU, but are still eligible to play in European Championships such as the tournament in France this summer.”"

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It really, really was.

Nah. There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Besides, pointing to the quote by Sports immigration lawyer Maria Patsalos, people have asked it. 

10 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Dryhorce and you, maybe

Dry horse? Ehhhh.... OK.

Remember when I said that "there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers"?

Yeah. All the best for proving my point. lol

And technically, I am correct, there are no stupid questions. A question is usually asked with regards to a subject and/or matter which you aren't already aware. For example, if you don't know the process of pasteurising milk, and you're curious, you should ask. This is the true meaning of a question. Knowledge is gained from questions. I didn't know the answer to the question that I asked, and now I do. See? This is how questions work. :thumsup2

And with that, who defines what a stupid question is? If a someone comes up and asks me what an "outline" for a novel is or what is the difference between a passive and active verb, just because I know the answer, does this give me the authority to call it "stupid"? I think not.

And besides, geography and football don't always mix.

Dry horse? Ehhhh.... OK.
Remember when I said that "there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers"?
Yeah. All the best for proving my point. lol
And technically, I am correct, there are no stupid questions. A question is usually asked with regards to a subject and/or matter which you aren't already aware. For example, if you don't know the process of pasteurising milk, and you're curious, you should ask. This is the true meaning of a question. Knowledge is gained from questions. I didn't know the answer to the question that I asked, and now I do. See? This is how questions work. :thumsup2
And with that, who defines what a stupid question is? If a someone comes up and asks me what an "outline" for a novel is or what is the difference between a passive and active verb, just because I know the answer, does this give me the authority to call it "stupid"? I think not.
And besides, geography and football don't always mix.

Dryhorce is/was a legendary poster on here (though usually for the wrong reasons).

No stupid questions? Fair enough. It was more that I'm astonished that you've lived through the last year without picking up the general gist of the Brexit separation or that the EU and Europe (or UEFA for that matter) are not one and the same thing.
Now you have been enlightened through the medium of #bantz ;)

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Dryhorce is/was a legendary poster on here (though usually for the wrong reasons).

No stupid questions? Fair enough. It was more that I'm astonished that you've lived through the last year without picking up the general gist of the Brexit separation or that the EU and Europe (or UEFA for that matter) are not one and the same thing.
Now you have been enlightened through the medium of #bantz ;)

Oh. Ok. Never heard of him/her. 

Nope. I genuinely didn't know the jurisdictions. I didn't vote for Brexit, so I'm living in blissful ignorance of the entire thing... :P

Oh. Ok. Never heard of him/her. 
Nope. I genuinely didn't know the jurisdictions. I didn't vote for Brexit, so I'm living in blissful ignorance of the entire thing... [emoji14]

I am not sure this matters that much. I'll probably be dead by the time Scotland get to another Euro finals. [emoji16]

It really, really was.

Although it probably was, and it's rather unlikely, if the negotiations got completely out of control, it's not entirely impossible for Eu governments to put pressure on UEFA to take sanctions against 'British' nations by excluding them.

With May negotiating that's not so impossible.

Wouldn't blame them either....

Archived