GE 2017 - predictions & likely outcome.

Unfortunately I think the Tories will win a majority, I think it will be around a 20-30 seat majority. Not the overwhelming landslide they wanted, but any improvement on 2015 will be greeted as a huge victory.

In Scotland, I predict SNP 49, Cons 6, Lab 2, Libs 2.

This is not what you want to see, just what you think will happen.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I think the Tories will fall just short of a majority.

I also don't think the Lib-dems will do as well as they think either. May be pick up an Edinburgh seat and hang on to the 1 they have?  

Tories should pick up in the borders. Was going to say wee fluffy Mundell may lose to the excellent young SNP candidate, but still a long shot

For some reason I think the Tories will fall just short of a majority.
I also don't think the Lib-dems will do as well as they think either. May be pick up an Edinburgh seat and hang on to the 1 they have?  
Tories should pick up in the borders. Was going to say wee fluffy Mundell may lose to the excellent young SNP candidate, but still a long shot

So prediction for WM majority / hung?

Also, Scots seat allocation? [emoji106]

Just now, DI Bruce Robertson said:

So prediction for WM majority / hung?

Also, Scots seat allocation? emoji106.png

Tories to fall short at Westminster by 5 seats.

Scotland

SNP - 53

Tories - 4

Lib-dems - 2

Labour - 0

OK, balls out ...

I don't think the Conservatives will win a UK majority and my (bold, and probably hopelessly optimistic) prediction is that they will fail to pick up a single seat in Scotland.  A couple of weeks ago I would have though this was impossible - I was thinking 10 for the tories at least.  But their campaign has been a complete disaster, both as a party and on a personal level from May and Davidson.  It's been so bad that I struggle to see Labour voters tactically switching to them in large enough numbers to swing it.

SNP - 56

LAB - 1

LIB - 2

CON - 0

1 minute ago, Crossbill said:

OK, balls out ...

I don't think the Conservatives will win a UK majority and my (bold, and probably hopelessly optimistic) prediction is that they will fail to pick up a single seat in Scotland.  A couple of weeks ago I would have though this was impossible - I was thinking 10 for the tories at least.  But their campaign has been a complete disaster, both as a party and on a personal level from May and Davidson.  It's been so bad that I struggle to see Labour voters tactically switching to them in large enough numbers to swing it.

SNP - 56

LAB - 1

LIB - 2

CON - 0

I'm off the day after the election and plan to sit up in bed overnight watching the results come in.  If they come in as you've illustrated my Mrs will be washing the bedsheets first thing Friday morning.

:)

OK, balls out ...

SNP - 56

LAB - 1

LIB - 2

CON - 0

I sooooo hope you're right!

4 minutes ago, Fide said:

I'm off the day after the election and plan to sit up in bed overnight watching the results come in.  If they come in as you've illustrated my Mrs will be washing the bedsheets first thing Friday morning.

:)

Brilliant! :lol::lol::lol:

OK, balls out ...

SNP - 56
LAB - 1
LIB - 2
CON - 0

That is certainly Balls out, unfortunately, most voters only view MSM and are swayed by the shite they print & try to pick the winning side, in Scotland, the MSM are portraying the Tories as the "winners".
Shite I know, but if your prediction comes in, I'll laugh my cock off!

Tories to do no better than 2015, possibly even worse. 

Labour vote to surprisingly hold up.

Lib Dems to become even more irrelevant.

In Scotland: SNP to get 51; Tories to get 6; Labour to get 1; Lib Dems to get 1.

[emoji4]

I work in the ME and my weekend is Friday & Saturday, I've got 3 hours advantage on you, so there is a fair chance not only my bedsheets, but also numerous coffee shops tablecloths will need a decent wash, especially if we retain 56.

Archived