COWDEN FC FUNDRAISER GAME EX PLAYERS/FANS SUNDAY 9TH JULY

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Well he has been in Ibiza:lol:

I still am. Just got a hopeless phone. It struggles to cope with posting on P&B. Almost every time there is something on at the club, like this players and fans match, I miss out, as I am away at the time. Hopefully someone puts up some highlights.

15 hours ago, PELE said:

I still am. Just got a hopeless phone. It struggles to cope with posting on P&B. Almost every time there is something on at the club, like this players and fans match, I miss out, as I am away at the time. Hopefully someone puts up some highlights.

Since no one else has posted it the game ended up 3-3 with the Cowdenbeath Miners side (managed by Big Al) coming back from 3-0 down before eventually winning 5-4 on penalties.

Was a good afternoon with Pat Scullion scoring a cracking goal similar to the one he scored at EEP a few seasons back. Special mention to Cowden fan Stevie Leslie who also got a well taken goal.

Good turn out of former players some real "blasts from the past".

18 minutes ago, big al said:

excellent day, well done to Nelly for organising. some good football played and im sure all the ex players and also the fans who played enjoyed themselves.

Was a good day Ali. Good seeing a lot of the old boys, last time I seen Fergie playing for Cowden I was still at school:lol:

As I mentioned earlier cracking goal from Pat, better not do that against us for Berwick:lol: Craig McMillan played well and deserved his MOM, 1st time i've seen him and his mum for years. He was a good prospect when he was young shame he broke his leg against St Johnstone.

Good also to see the Flamingo (who I think has spent his life on a sunbed since giving up football:lol:), Murray McDowell, Mini Ramsay, Ludo, Dougie Hill, Nipper Lawrence, Gary Fusco, the Archibald brothers, the Dair brothers and wee Mickey. It was a really good turn out of former players from various teams from over the years.

Well done to Nelly for getting all these guys together.

28 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Was a good day Ali. Good seeing a lot of the old boys, last time I seen Fergie playing for Cowden I was still at school:lol:

As I mentioned earlier cracking goal from Pat, better not do that against us for Berwick:lol: Craig McMillan played well and deserved his MOM, 1st time i've seen him and his mum for years. He was a good prospect when he was young shame he broke his leg against St Johnstone.

Good also to see the Flamingo (who I think has spent his life on a sunbed since giving up football:lol:), Murray McDowell, Mini Ramsay, Ludo, Dougie Hill, Nipper Lawrence, Gary Fusco, the Archibald brothers, the Dair brothers and wee Mickey. It was a really good turn out of former players from various teams from over the years.

Well done to Nelly for getting all these guys together.

Andy my Mom was Lee Dair. He has so much talent. 

All the boys seemed to enjoy getting the boots back on, hopefully it happens again in a year or 2. 

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Andy my Mom was Lee Dair. He has so much talent. 

All the boys seemed to enjoy getting the boots back on, hopefully it happens again in a year or 2. 

Lee was a good player in his day I suppose he should have went further than he did. It was a genuinely good game which I enjoyed - good comeback from yourselves, have to admit I thought Nelly had it in the bag when they were 3 up.

Would be good to have another game sometime.

Just a message to say thanks to everyone who showed up yesterday. The players/supporters directors etc etc. Was a great day and some really good football on show. Teams were pretty even hence the 3-3 draw even though we were 3 up were always against it with the wee bit extra quality on other side and I had to take a couple of my better lads off.

Managed to raise I believe close to £1200 which aint bad and all goes towards club 135.  Good turnout and the lads who played enjoyed it so will do it again next year.

Tin man today so I am. Im sure there are a few more like me. The goal from MOTM craig mcmillan was quality! back heel from murray mcdowell to take out the entire defence and slotted home from a tight angle.

Anyway thanks again to everyone.

MONE THE COWDEN.

55 minutes ago, big al said:

Surely big pat had goal of the game? Screamer from long distance against a good keeper.

Ludo should have saved it.. mcdowell split their defence with a reverse back heel pass plum right in front of mcmillans timed run touch and finish from tight area into a good keeper!. I should have closed pat quicker but thought he was like 40 yards out...haha

I have to admit was a brutal performance from myself, was well of the pace, letting the ball go out twice from a simple pass, the embarrassment, lol.  To be fair not played 11 aside for donkeys. But was an enjoyable experience, and a privilege to be on the same pitch with Cowden players I grew up watching from the terracing. Cheers to Nelly  and everyone involved. 

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

Ludo should have saved it.. mcdowell split their defence with a reverse back heel pass plum right in front of mcmillans timed run touch and finish from tight area into a good keeper!. I should have closed pat quicker but thought he was like 40 yards out...haha

Should have saved it, haha.

34 minutes ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

I have to admit was a brutal performance from myself, was well of the pace, letting the ball go out twice from a simple pass, the embarrassment, lol.  To be fair not played 11 aside for donkeys. But was an enjoyable experience, and a privilege to be on the same pitch with Cowden players I grew up watching from the terracing. Cheers to Nelly  and everyone involved. 

Don't be daft pal, all the fans did well.

Archived