COWDEN FC FUNDRAISER GAME EX PLAYERS/FANS SUNDAY 9TH JULY

Starting a new topic. I am organising a cowden fc fundraiser football game on Sunday 9th July 1.30 ko @ Central Park

The game will be ex cowden players mixed with fans. The idea is the fans BID to play in this game and the top 10 successful bids those boys will play in the game (trying for 30 mins minimum)

You can bid by directly PM on here or check cowden fc website/fife times as my details will be on there to get in contact direct. The cut off for final bids is 2nd July 5pm. I will make people aware close to cut off if their bids are outwith top 10 to give them chances to increase and then outbid the last remaining spot(s)

The game is being sponsored by Wee Jimmies a local establishment key to the community and the club. After the game everyone will be back there for a buffet and drinks. So even if you are not playing please come along.

As its a fundraiser any people wishing to come to the game to see all the old faces we would ask for a donation at the gate to increase the money raised. I would politely ask for a minimum £2 donation.

Happy to report that the number of bids/value of bids has been exceptional so far without it even being in newspaper or official website yet.

Just so you know the guys playing confirmed we have

Colin Cameron, Alan Nipper Lawrence,Murray Mcdowell,Craig Toorie Winters,Lewis Coult,Paul Mcquade,Mark Baxter,Dene Drouge, Gareth Wardlaw, Alan Archibald, Lee Dair,Mark Ramsay, Jay Stein,Bryan Gilfillan,Graeme Brown, Keith Ferguson, Kris Bower.

I have 6 other players who wish to play however they currently playing junior or in the spfl leagues so will need to confirm with their clubs if ok to play in this game.

If you cannot bid/play It would be great to see the fans come out on what hopefully is sunny sunday! and support the old heroes of the past.

I will also take bids on becoming manager of each team on the day also. A referee and linesman has been confirmed also.

PM me for bids/more details

Cheers

Nelly

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NELLY said:

Starting a new topic. I am organising a cowden fc fundraiser football game on Sunday 9th July 1.30 ko @ Central Park

The game will be ex cowden players mixed with fans. The idea is the fans BID to play in this game and the top 10 successful bids those boys will play in the game (trying for 30 mins minimum)

You can bid by directly PM on here or check cowden fc website/fife times as my details will be on there to get in contact direct. The cut off for final bids is 2nd July 5pm. I will make people aware close to cut off if their bids are outwith top 10 to give them chances to increase and then outbid the last remaining spot(s)

The game is being sponsored by Wee Jimmies a local establishment key to the community and the club. After the game everyone will be back there for a buffet and drinks. So even if you are not playing please come along.

As its a fundraiser any people wishing to come to the game to see all the old faces we would ask for a donation at the gate to increase the money raised. I would politely ask for a minimum £2 donation.

Happy to report that the number of bids/value of bids has been exceptional so far without it even being in newspaper or official website yet.

Just so you know the guys playing confirmed we have

Colin Cameron, Alan Nipper Lawrence,Murray Mcdowell,Craig Toorie Winters,Lewis Coult,Paul Mcquade,Mark Baxter,Dene Drouge, Gareth Wardlaw, Alan Archibald, Lee Dair,Mark Ramsay, Jay Stein,Bryan Gilfillan,Graeme Brown, Keith Ferguson, Kris Bower.

I have 6 other players who wish to play however they currently playing junior or in the spfl leagues so will need to confirm with their clubs if ok to play in this game.

If you cannot bid/play It would be great to see the fans come out on what hopefully is sunny sunday! and support the old heroes of the past.

I will also take bids on becoming manager of each team on the day also. A referee and linesman has been confirmed also.

PM me for bids/more details

Cheers

Nelly

Sounds like the kind of occasion for an ex Cowden player and scribe to gird his loins once more. Go on Ron you know you can play and also write another best selling chapter in Blue Brazil history. Show us your picture.

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Sounds like the kind of occasion for an ex Cowden player and scribe to gird his loins once more. Go on Ron you know you can play and also write another best selling chapter in Blue Brazil history. Show us your picture.

Can we get John Paul Kelly to play as well then?

3 hours ago, big al said:

yeah Nelly had asked him. 

thats a shame, he would have been brilliant at this.

In his interview with the Evening News he said it would take 6 months to recover from his operation hence his reason to retire from City. A legend with both sides:)

Thats the game put out in the Central Fife Times see link http://www.centralfifetimes.com/sport/15327989.Chance_to_back_Cowden_war_chest/

Can confirm that Kenny Adamson/Lee sibanda have agreed to play in the game now also. Will be great to have Kenny playing for of course he didnt don a cowden jersey last season due to Injury. So a chance for him to pull on the cowden jersey one last time and for fans to get down and show appreciation of his loyalty and long standing commitment to Cowden.

Bids now fully up and running and im now at point where I will have to tell people their bids aint high enough so all going well.

mone the cowden.

The link for this game now on official Cowden fc website (the KO is noted wrong on website however it is 1.30pm)

bids are flying in! keep em coming lads.

MONE THE COWDEN.

Final squad of ex players is now complete with confirmation that Ludovic Roy will attend to take part and be goalkeeper for one of the teams on the day.

Keep the bids coming lads.

Mone the Cowden

• 3 weeks later...

The final bids are now in and we have 10 fans now been contacted to play in Sundays game. Brian Fairbairn/Dougie Hill should be playing now also. Ex Hibs player Willie Miller was contacted but sadly cant play but is even coming over to watch showing commitment of his enjoyable time at our club. 

Hope some of the fans on here can pop down and support the ex players as well as the fans participating. Good chance after game to get a chat with ex legends of the club e.g Kenny Adamson/Toorie etc etc. To remind Kick Off is 1.30pm

Donation at gate and any help greatly recieved. Auction of a signed top from all players at Wee Jimmies after game.

Cheers 

Final post to ask any fans cowden or not to come along Sunday to support the ex players game mixed with fans. Game kicks off at 1.30 and is donation only at gate and please do join everyone back at Wee Js after game. Congrats to the 10 fans who were successful in their bidding. Fans are

Calum Ferguson, Big Al, Chris Mchale, Danny Franklin, Gary Holland, Kriss Moffat, Stuart Duthie, Stevie Leslie and myself.

COWDEN BLUE BRAZIL VS COWDENBEATH MINERS

COWDEN BLUE BRAZIL SQUAD LIST

Ludo Roy, Craig Mcmillan, Alan Archibald, Dougie Hill, Craig Toorie Winter, Alan Lawrence, Jon Robertson, Mark Ramsay, Jay Stein, Graeme Brown, Murray Mcdowell and Dene Drouge and Jason Dair. + 5 fans.

COWDEN MINERS SQUAD LIST

Kris Bower, Keith Ferguson, Pat Scullion, Bryan Gilfillan, Kenny Adamson, Brian Fairbairn, Colin Cameron, Gary Fusco, Lee Dair, Lewis Coult, Lee Sibanda and Eric Archibald + 5 Fans.

Lets hope for a good turnout and a good day.

MONE THE COWDEN.

31 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Aye true
Should have just cancelled wee man birthday emoji15.png

Heard you changed his birth certificate so you didn't have to play 

sesh in wee js after if his birthdays finished by then!

Archived