Central district First Devision 2017/18

playsuptop

Shotts straight back up for me, interesting to see who else comes down with them out of maryhill and yoker and will the 3 keep the bulk of their teams??

St Roch's first. Going to be a very important summer. Missing out on promotion was a body blow, maybe with hindsight, its in the best interest of the club as a whole...but still to be in the position and fail, its sore.

I expect a few to depart and be replaced. Maybe some fringe players may not be replaced. So i cant really guess how we will shape up just now. I would think that the managers expectations are to be in with a shout, but i don't see us being labelled joint favourites as we were last summer (with McBookie). Maybe a more understated squad than last year.

Of the teams coming up, my limited experience in these leagues, have shown that confidence and lack of, is massive. Blantyre Vics and Cambuslang have both bounced out of the districts leagues in 2 seasons...so aligned with their win over Cambuslang, i expect Perthshire to be in the running at least. I think Port Glasgow will be looking to stabilise in mid table, whilst i think EK will struggle.

Of the current clubs Rossvale always seem a club in transition. Are they finally moving to Huntershill this season? A good set up means i dont think they can be discounted, but hot and cold...unless they sign well in the summer, i think another season on the outskirts. Thorniewood seem another club rebuilding. Wishaw were one of my picks to challenge last season and should do again.

An those coming down...saw Yoker first hand in the cup at the end of the season....i saw a strong if somewhat limited team, but what will relegation do to the squad. Dont know anything about Shotts and Blantyre Vics were playing with a limited squad for most of last season, and relegation could see them lose some more bodies. Like so many in this league, really unknown quantities until the latter stages of the summer break. I'll guess an say Vics will get it right and challenge, whilst Yoker and Shotts will be mid table.

That's that for my totally uneducated mind.

If we can keep the bulk of our squad for next season then I'm sure we'll go straight back up but at this stage of the season we're still in with a shout for the Central League Cup, big improvement needed from last Saturday if we get to the final though, Peasies humped us.

Archived