Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

2 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Brad Smith signed up before the match on Saturday and the deal has since been registered with the SFA. See the  Press release on the Cowden Website. I think the  Minertaur's Dad has been winding up the Minertaur something rotten

Excellent. Many thanks, bro.

The Minataur's Dad doesn't appear in Greek mythology, but Central Park is the place of myths and dreams.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks should be a great night for those who wish to rub shoulders with that famous helicopter championship winning squad and share some fantastic  memories and make new ones. 

Sunday 3rd of September at Wee Jimmies 6:30pm is the only place to be for Cowden Fans! 

See below for full details 

https://m.facebook.com/CowdenbeathFootballClub/

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 21:20, dafcburty said:

Where Are They Now?: Thomas Courts

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/08/22/where-are-they-now-thomas-courts/

A wee bit in here about Thomas' time at the Blue Brazil. 

Another fine interview, Jordan. Tam comes over as a reflective character who thinks a lot about the game. We should be thinking of him as a future manager at CP, he has a lot of the necessary attributes, and he knows the junior game well.

Currently at CP we need an experienced, strong, midfielder - a Toorie, really. I think the best source might be the juniors - some decent players with a bit of strength about them. We have a lot of really good youngsters at the club and that is an encouraging sign. I thought we were bullied a bit at Montrose, who have some strong experienced characters in their side. We came on to a better game later on, with Brad Smith making a real difference. 

Kelty have had the best squad of players for the last few seasons in their division. I don't want to knock what they've achieved, but a lot of people could have done the same (if not better) job than what Tam done. They've failed in the Scottish Cup and in spite of a healthy lead at the top last year, had their gap closed dramatically late doors. I highly doubt he's even interested but unless he gets the punt from Kelty, he's with them for the long haul which will probably mean we play against his side in League 2 shortly. If he manages to get them there then no doubt bigger clubs than us will be interested.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Kelty have had the best squad of players for the last few seasons in their division. I don't want to knock what they've achieved, but a lot of people could have done the same (if not better) job than what Tam done. They've failed in the Scottish Cup and in spite of a healthy lead at the top last year, had their gap closed dramatically late doors. I highly doubt he's even interested but unless he gets the punt from Kelty, he's with them for the long haul which will probably mean we play against his side in League 2 shortly. If he manages to get them there then no doubt bigger clubs than us will be interested.

He took them from a relegation play off to winning the league 2 out of 3 seasons, being runner up in the other, so couldn't have done much better, Their gap at the top was closed at the end of the season as Bonnyrigg caught up with their games in hand. Only real failure they have had in recent season's is in the Scottish Junior Cup.

I would agree with you I reckon he will be in it for the long haul at Kelty from an managers point of view it is an exciting challenge to see if he can get them to the SPFL.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

He took them from a relegation play off to winning the league 2 out of 3 seasons, being runner up in the other, so couldn't have done much better, Their gap at the top was closed at the end of the season as Bonnyrigg caught up with their games in hand. Only real failure they have had in recent season's is in the Scottish Junior Cup.

I would agree with you I reckon he will be in it for the long haul at Kelty from an managers point of view it is an exciting challenge to see if he can get them to the SPFL.

I think it's difficult to judge his ability given Kelty are bankrolled to the extent they are outbidding senior teams for players. When they get to the lowland league and meet similarly funded clubs, he can maybe be better judged.

Just now, Brazilianlex said:

I think it's difficult to judge his ability given Kelty are bankrolled to the extent they are outbidding senior teams for players. When they get to the lowland league and meet similarly funded clubs, he can maybe be better judged.

I wasn't really judging him either way Lex just saying he couldn't have done much better in the Super League, the Scottish was the only won they failed to do anything in.

As you say hard to judge how good or bad he really is as he's had some good backing, the Lowland League will be the real test as mentioned.

On 24/08/2017 at 19:17, CowdenLoyal said:

I know Kelty aren't at full strength just now but the side they have been putting out this season won't come up to League 2.

From what I have seen they are a fair bit off East Kilbrides level.

if they do go up this season I suppose they may have the capacity to strengthen again though. Not a certainty though, having already lost to LTHV in a cup and Spartans too. LTHV will be every bit determined as Kelty to go up this season.

their manager won't be looking at joining us though.

Archived