Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Kris Renton signed to Alloa. Big jump, what's he like?

I actually said he'd end up at Alloa and would be a fantastic partner for Spence on here a few weeks back.  He's not the most lethal of strikers but he works his arse off and will win a lot of headers.  He didn't get the praise he deserved this season for us. All the best to him.

Delighted that Gary has signed on for another season as long as we keep Irvine and Brown too.  Now it's down to who we can bring in.  I'll be delighted if we keep Syme as I reckon our back 4 at the end of the season were doing well.  It's the attacking side of things where we really need to improve and I expect another load of loans from Hearts to augment our team.  There must still be some decent players released who would want to play with us?

Great news that Gary has decided to stay. Jobs are few and far between and if he does a decent job he will get touted for bigger jobs even top league 1 or low level championship teams. Gutted Renton is away. Top guy and done very well for us.

Signings I would imagine rumbsy and syme would be our priorities as that partnership wouldnt leak many goals. Pyper will sign on again for sure. As someone has said swann/muirhead could be used more this season for me. They have talent and remind me of when robbo/linton/brett came into team unknown they needed games and once they got it started to show how good and comfortable they can be in the first team.

Gonna be a lot of players around as usual its obviously gonna mean we have a few misses in our signings but if Gary can make more hits thats the important thing. 

Id say 6-7 signings needed - we need 4-5 good uns unlike foxs signings more than 50% were pish.

Quite glad Gary has stayed on, with the level we are at we wouldn't attract anyone better. My only concern is his record of recruitment is absolutely abysmal but surely it cant be any worse than Fox's!

From what I've seen I'm of the opinion that we need wholesale changes in personnel. We have lost our two best outfield players (the strikers) and it was clear to me that the vast majority of that squad aren't good enough. Gutted to lose Renton - to think some fans gave him stick ffs.

Agree that Syme and Rumbsy with Sneddon in goals would be a great start. That aside I am struggling to think of another player currently in the squad that would/should a starter.

Pyper cant be considered a viable option at this level. Miller needs to move on as he is going backwards, screams of someone needing a fresh start. Mullen is so meh.

I think mullen will stay and at times looks ok. His attitude on the park is shit though. Good thing about mullen is he can play 2 or 3 positions we need boys like that in our squad.

Miller will sign again. Pyper too. New left back for me - 2 strikers/wide left and wide right with a couple of centre mids required also.

Loans will again be important.

3 minutes ago, NELLY said:

I think mullen will stay and at times looks ok. His attitude on the park is shit though. Good thing about mullen is he can play 2 or 3 positions we need boys like that in our squad.

Miller will sign again. Pyper too. New left back for me - 2 strikers/wide left and wide right with a couple of centre mids required also.

I'd be surprised if Rutherford doesn't stay another season.  He was actually coming on to a game towards the end of the season and I'd be happy with him staying.  

Surely we won't be lucky enough to keep Sneddon again? 

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Quite glad Gary has stayed on, with the level we are at we wouldn't attract anyone better. My only concern is his record of recruitment is absolutely abysmal but surely it cant be any worse than Fox's!

From what I've seen I'm of the opinion that we need wholesale changes in personnel. We have lost our two best outfield players (the strikers) and it was clear to me that the vast majority of that squad aren't good enough. Gutted to lose Renton - to think some fans gave him stick ffs.

Agree that Syme and Rumbsy with Sneddon in goals would be a great start. That aside I am struggling to think of another player currently in the squad that would/should a starter.

Pyper cant be considered a viable option at this level. Miller needs to move on as he is going backwards, screams of someone needing a fresh start. Mullen is so meh.

Who has given Renton stick?

praised by all for effort etc all season 

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I'd be surprised if Rutherford doesn't stay another season.  He was actually coming on to a game towards the end of the season and I'd be happy with him staying.  

Surely we won't be lucky enough to keep Sneddon again? 

Rutherford is weak defensively and a hit or a miss going forward.

dont know where mo yaquib went last season but I would sign him if we had a realistic chance.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Who has given Renton stick?

praised by all for effort etc all season 

First game up at Elgin he got stick for not winning enough in the air -  truly surreal comments. There was also shouts directed at him during the EK game. Bemusement.

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

Rutherford is a far better player than Pyper.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

First game up at Elgin he got stick for not winning enough in the air -  truly surreal comments. There was also shouts directed at him during the EK game. Bemusement.

Missed that at the EK game and wasn't at Elgin but the boy burst a gut for us so ridiculous to give him it tight.

10 hours ago, big al said:

Worked very hard for us off the ball, too hard in my opinion. Needs to show more quality in possession.

Agree. His touch was terrible at times because he was too tired from constantly having to jump for hoofballs. He wasn't great at playing with the ball on the ground. Maybe at Alloa he will up his fitness.

Good luck to him.

Muirhead would be my choice to replace him, as long as we don't keep humping it forward all the time.

4 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Certainly agree with that. Rutherford had been playing well in recent games.

I think Rutherford could be a really good player. Sure he was terrible at times, but he had good spells. He was better attacking than defending

Archived