Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Cowdenbeath hope to raise £135k after a few turbulent years on and off the pitch

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/06/26/cowdenbeath-hope-to-raise-135k-after-a-turbulent-few-years-on-and-off-the-park/

This is an interview I conducted with @Cowden Cowboy around 10 days ago.

Another cracking read.  Fair enjoying your articles Jordan!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Minertaur said:

Another cracking read.  Fair enjoying your articles Jordan!

Thank you, greatly appreciate the kind words. 

All the best to Cowden this season, hopefully a more successful season awaits. 

Just now, dafcburty said:

I was going to say that it can't be any worse this season.....after the last 3 seasons I'll be happy with a dull boring mid table finish with an outside push for the play offs!

Got to say what the Minertaur has said some cracking interviews you have done in the close season, not just the Cowden ones but also the ones from folk at other clubs.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Got to say what the Minertaur has said some cracking interviews you have done in the close season, not just the Cowden ones but also the ones from folk at other clubs.

Once again, thanks for the compliments, greatly appreciated. 

Once again, thanks for the compliments, greatly appreciated. 

You've done very well.We are all realising how close we were to the abyss. And it was very, very, close.

Let's hope we get somewhere with the fund raising but it's going to be difficult to get £135K together.

And great to see a Dunfermline fan who has put the playoff defeat to bed.

37 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Excellent interview, Jordan. You have an ability to get your interviewees to speak in revealing ways. This is helped by the fact that the interviews are quite lengthy and you can cover a lot of ground. I like the fact that Gary is upfront about his own ambitions in the game, while at the same time wanting to do his best for Cowden. He and Billy and Neil came into a dispirited situation and really galvanised the team and turned the situation around. If he can reverse the spiral downwards, it will be good for Cowden and good for his own career in the game, a win-win situation. 

35 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Excellent interview, Jordan. You have an ability to get your interviewees to speak in revealing ways. This is helped by the fact that the interviews are quite lengthy and you can cover a lot of ground. I like the fact that Gary is upfront about his own ambitions in the game, while at the same time wanting to do his best for Cowden. He and Billy and Neil came into a dispirited situation and really galvanised the team and turned the situation around. If he can reverse the spiral downwards, it will be good for Cowden and good for his own career in the game, a win-win situation. 

Thank you for the kind words, it is greatly appreciated. Hopefully many more positive interviews to come over the season. All the best, hopefully a better season this year for you guys!

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Not a terrible draw cash wise as it will probably be one of the larger attendances. Glad we haven't got one of the farcical 'colts' teams as well.

We always do pish in this competition anyway.

We've went from not playing at Tannadice  for 36 years to now playing there 3 times in a year:lol: Wouldn't imagine it will be near the crowd of the League Cup tie but I suppose it could be worse. Re the colts thing they might just stick their young boys out for this?

37 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

We've went from not playing at Tannadice  for 36 years to now playing there 3 times in a year:lol: Wouldn't imagine it will be near the crowd of the League Cup tie but I suppose it could be worse. Re the colts thing they might just stick their young boys out for this?

I'd love to think so but they did win it last season so presume they'll be taking it seriously.

Greg Stewart joins Aberdeen on season long loan from Birmingham. Good to see Greg back in Scotland - never understood why Birmingham signed him as they seemed to have no idea how to use him. They played with a big target man and relied on hard work and power rather than any footballing ability. They seemed to think Greg was some kind of a winger and then spent their time getting him to track back rather than set him free in any playmaking capacity

Greg Stewart joins Aberdeen on season long loan from Birmingham. Good to see Greg back in Scotland - never understood why Birmingham signed him as they seemed to have no idea how to use him. They played with a big target man and relied on hard work and power rather than any footballing ability. They seemed to think Greg was some kind of a winger and then spent their time getting him to track back rather than set him free in any playmaking capacity

Greg Stewart was a brilliant player for Cowden. When you look at some of the youtube highlights, most if not all our goals were involving Greg. Great memories. Legend.

2 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Greg Stewart was a brilliant player for Cowden. When you look at some of the youtube highlights, most if not all our goals were involving Greg. Great memories. Legend.

And yet Cameron kept him on the bench.

Archived