Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The play off did look inevitable for a while now. At least we know it is coming and we can get ready for it. Feeling hopeful we can pull through. Its not going to be easy though. My nerves are still jangling from last year.

What a surprise
too many bookings for petulance
In fairness his booking today was very soft. Long ball and he jumped with McAllister and the ref took an age to even give a foul.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:51, wulliemc said:

Can we not get the borderline suspension people playing and yellow carded and get any potential suspension out of the way before tbe playoffs...

Must have managed to collect a few today, it seemed to quite natural to some players. Thought it was going to be one of those days for us but got there eventually.

6 hours ago, The Minertaur said:
6 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:
What a surprise
too many bookings for petulance

In fairness his booking today was very soft. Long ball and he jumped with McAllister and the ref took an age to even give a foul.

Over the season though......

Malcolm is a booking away from a one game suspension and Buchanan a booking away from a two game suspension. If Malcolm gets booked against Berwick, he will be suspended for the 1st play off game. If Buchanan gets booked against Berwick, he will miss both play off games. If either of them gets booked against Annan, they will miss the play off second leg match.

Malcolm is a booking away from a one game suspension and Buchanan a booking away from a two game suspension. If Malcolm gets booked against Berwick, he will be suspended for the 1st play off game. If Buchanan gets booked against Berwick, he will miss both play off games. If either of them gets booked against Annan, they will miss the play off second leg match.

Surely the yellow card count is wiped before the Play Off games? Seems crazy and really unfair if it’s not.

Not many Cowdenbeath fans there so here's my report. McGurn Motm  did all one man could. Mullen up against a tough opponent stuck to it did ok. Gilfilan solid as a rock Pyper coped well under pressure good game.Hornby nightmare skinned time and again.Miller,covered a lot of ground but treats ball like hot potato. Cox anonymous as on Tuesday,needs a rest.Buchanan,lots of running to not much effect ,easily brushed off ball weak in the tackle,like a spring lamb.Smith, see Buchanan.Malcolm, got stuck in but precious little quality,missed a good chance at the death, disappointing. Sheerin,living on scraps made the best of them,clearly raging at lack of support. For such a crucial game,it had a strange end of season feel. Peterhead dominated, but we could easily have got a draw They are dangerous going forward but strangely nervy at the back under any kind of pressure,but  We didn't press them often. For the goal, Gibson left completely unchallenged in midfield,picked out a perfect cross for substitute to head home. New ref to me better than some we have had but a bit card happy.Mullen and Muirhead booked for next t,o nothing. Gibson,as usual, tried to referee the game for him.

19 hours ago, PELE said:

id like to assume they wont be used in the final 2 meaningless games of the regular season then

cove rangers have announced that their HL/LL playoff game at home to Spartans will be at Harlaw Park inverurie. They haven't said if this would be used for a playoff final home game but id be surprised if it wasn't. its on the main Aberdeen-inverness train line and so easy to get to,grounds about a 15 minute walk from the station

28 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

cove rangers have announced that their HL/LL playoff game at home to Spartans will be at Harlaw Park inverurie. They haven't said if this would be used for a playoff final home game but id be surprised if it wasn't. its on the main Aberdeen-inverness train line and so easy to get to,grounds about a 15 minute walk from the station

I looked up the trains to Inverurie the Saturday of the play off there is a bus replacement service from Aberdeen-Dyce which is a minor pain. I've been in Inverurie but never at the ground. 

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I looked up the trains to Inverurie the Saturday of the play off there is a bus replacement service from Aberdeen-Dyce which is a minor pain. I've been in Inverurie but never at the ground. 

what a pain.if its against them trains are fine that day from my end thankfully

Archived