Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Would have Renton out of the 3 mentioned.

I wouldn't. I think he was very overated and hoofing the ball upto him constantly never worked. If there is any money for players, which there probably isn't, I hope Bollan uses it on someone else.

1 minute ago, Kelheart said:

Just a quick mention to say good luck with the new appointment , hope it all goes to plan Cowden , their awe talking shit on the kelty link lol

Plenty of shite arrived in Kelty from Peebles by the sound of things:lol:

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Fusco a bit on the old side now and we don't want Adam or Renton back.

Fusco is 35. He would be streets ahead of what we have now in the midfield. Agree we don't want Adam. Why would  we? We have McGurn and McGovern, two very good keepers. Renton was our Player of the Year last season.

51 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Fusco is 35. He would be streets ahead of what we have now in the midfield. Agree we don't want Adam. Why would  we? We have McGurn and McGovern, two very good keepers. Renton was our Player of the Year last season.

An awful season. I still say he was overrated. His touch and control were poor. He worked hard and was usually knackered too soon because of all the long balls punted at him, but he would be well down my list.

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

He clearly wasn't a disaster from start to finish, we were running away with the League and out scoring teams in many a goal fest last season, until he changed our playing style.

Here's another one that forgot we were safe in 10th position when he arrived, then had us relegated before the season ended and knocked out the cup by junior opposition, chaos off the pitch , blew an unassailable lead in spectacular fashion until he finally departed the scene leaving the club in a worse position than when he took over....."clearly WAS a disaster" :whistle

58 minutes ago, PELE said:

An awful season. I still say he was overrated. His touch and control were poor. He worked hard and was usually knackered too soon because of all the long balls punted at him, but he would be well down my list.

I totally agree, all huff and puff and very little quality.

i know an Alloa fan who says he is utter garbage for them.

What an ungrateful mob Forfar appear to be on  here in regards to Bollan. 

Someone who yes was almost certain to win League 2 until Arbroath caught up or should I say Dick caught up with Forfar to silence their ungratefulness in sacking him. But Bollan still got Forfar promoted via the playoffs over  4 legs. 

Forfar may see history repeating itself again. Whilst highly unlikely I would love to see Bollan do a Dick to Forfar for their ungratefulness but this time in a relegation vs promotion playoff with Cowden going up. Maybe next season for the title when Forfar come back down as I see Jim Weir is doing wonders for them. 

Bollan has a good track record and a very high win rate yet he seems to have many critics. 

In Bollan we trust and hope he can silence his critics whilst doing a good job for Cowden. 

Someone who yes was almost certain to win League 2 until Arbroath caught up or should I say Dick caught up with Forfar to silence their ungratefulness in sacking him. But Bollan still got Forfar promoted via the playoffs over  4 legs. 
Forfar may see history repeating itself again. Whilst highly unlikely I would love to see Bollan do a Dick to Forfar for their ungratefulness but this time in a relegation vs promotion playoff with Cowden going up. Maybe next season for the title when Forfar come back down as I see Jim Weir is doing wonders for them. 
Bollan has a good track record and a very high win rate yet he seems to have many critics. 
In Bollan we trust and hope he can silence his critics whilst doing a good job for Cowden. 

He’s a pish manager mate believe us we’ve had him for long enough

3 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

What an ungrateful mob Forfar appear to be here in regards to Bollan. 

:lol:...i am guessing you didn't read my in depth post then? I honestly believe it's East Stirling mk 2 for you guys now.

Just now, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

He’s a pish manager mate believe us we’ve had him for long enough

So why does he have an impressive average win rate, two league titles and three promotions to his name. If that's regarded as a crap manager that will do for us as can't be any worse than we have had in the last few seasons. 

I think personally it's his personality some people don't like as surely his track record people can't regard that as a rubbish manager. This is League two we are talking about not signing a manager for the English Premier big guns 

3 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

He also got them relegated from League 1.

Mcgovern is long term injured and Mcgurn unlikely to last season.

2 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

They were heading down anyway probably but got them straight back up. Forfar could well be a yo-yo team just now between the leagues. 

Talking bollocks....we were safe in 10th position when he took over, experienced team that just missed out on promotion to the championship the season before, dressing room turmoil followed by relegation before the end of the season....this may well be his last job in the senior game.

Talking bollocks....we were safe in 10th position when he took over, experienced team that just missed out on promotion to the championship the season before, dressing room turmoil followed by relegation before the end of the season....this may well be his last job in the senior game.

How would you be safe in 10th position?

7 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Time will tell. 

Gary Locke was written off and was very impressed how quickly he got the best out of a team that was struggling. 

I have every confidence in Bollan as his experience, credible track record speaks for itself not just based on the fact Forfar are still hurting that Dick silenced Forfar by his retaliation in pipping Bollan to the title that's not Bollans fault or because some people can't take to him. 

Archived