Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Gary.  He wasn't my first choice but if he comes in and gets us 2 more points than Edinburgh City between now and the end of the season then he's done his job. 

Lets hope he manages to bring in an experienced player as well! 

Unlucky [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

On 02/11/2017 at 22:31, Cowden316 said:

Think DL burnt his bridges slightly but would be ideal. 

For me Gary Bollans CV would speak volumes if he was interested in applying .He has experience in these leagues with Two League title wins and a promotion. A relegation but a promotion at the back of that. 

Also he has the experience of working Part Time. A small trip down from Dundee to Cowdenbeath might suit him. 

Sacked at Forfar but only 6 games into the season and wasn't far behind  from his objective of a mid table finish according to the Daily Record online. 

It will certainly be interesting to see who comes in. Any odds available yet for the job? 

Would also probably take a punt on Ian Murray if he was interested 

Excellent appointment as I indicated he ticks all the right boxes. 

If it doesn't work out you can all blame me :lol:

Seriously though Bollan has credible experience with credible success and we all need to get right behind him to lift us out of these ongoing bad patches at the club. 

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Welcome Gary.  He wasn't my first choice but if he comes in and gets us 2 more points than Edinburgh City between now and the end of the season then he's done his job. 

Lets hope he manages to bring in an experienced player as well! 

That game on Saturday was truly dire - no shape, no discipline. We badly need an experienced midfielder who can put in a tackle and pass a football.  Gary Bollan certainly knows the lower leagues inside out ,  and who might do a job for us. I wonder whether Gary - and Stevie Campbell if he's part of the package - could bring Gary Fusco back to Central Park (and Kris Renton, who's not a regular starter these days). A couple of signings like that would help turn our season around.  At least the new management team have got time to assess the squad before the transfer window opens.

Every manager at this level has failure on their CV (unless it is their first job in management of course) and Bollan is no different.

Looking throughout his career, he’s done a good job and I fully expect he will get it right at Cowdenbeath and at least keep you in the division.

Don't listen to those silly Forfar fans...he was a complete disaster from start to finish and should never have been brought to our club...farewell Central park.

He clearly wasn't a disaster from start to finish, we were running away with the League and out scoring teams in many a goal fest last season, until he changed our playing style.

6 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

And to think I was calling him a baldy c*nt the last time Forfar played Cowden at Central Park after his antics when Rutherford was sent off. Good luck Gary for the rest of the season. Being a fickle football fan & an idiot  I will no longer call you a baldy, cheating c*nt from now on. 

Gary will need support to get us going. Happy that someone has taken on the job for a start and it's a positive appointment.  It will take time with the players we have but I hope for the best.  All the best and welcome to Cowden.

Ticks all the boxes for Cowden316 as well with him being an ex-Ger & a hard taskmaster. 

Lex McLean's chimp was an ex-Ger. 

Archived