Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

Thought Jamie Pyper played well and it was good to see a few of them playing with a bit of grit in the second half.
We should reserve judgement until we've seen them against Elgin- a team who've lost all four games, 13 goals and a striker hasn't hit the net yet. Let's be patient with this young team.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Thought Jamie Pyper played well and it was good to see a few of them playing with a bit of grit in the second half.
We should reserve judgement until we've seen them against Elgin- a team who've lost all four games, 13 goals and a striker hasn't hit the net yet. Let's be patient with this young team.

Yip the important games this season are against the teams bottom half of our league. 

Have you seen Mullen at right back? It's a disaster!!! He's much better in midfield. 

Point taken I wasn't saying I want him to play right back just saying our centre midfielder options are not good enough .

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 04:18, Only coo in the village said:

Farewell to my Dad and lifelong Cowdenbeath supporter Peter Park, also known as Auld Pete. 

He died yesterday at the age of 86 in Victoria hospital. Fitting that he died in Kirkcaldy as he worked down Seafield pit for many years.

He was a moaning old git at games but a great Dad and lovely guy away from matches. He played for Burnisland Shipyard and Lumphinans as a defender many years back. 

His main shouts at games were;

" Yer lying too deep Cowden"

"Yer awe bunched up on one side of the park like wee school laddies"

" Ye hivney  got a bloody clue.......insert managers name here " .

I will miss being with him at games so much as well as my brother Alan who also died about a year ago.

The last moment of action we saw together was Jamie's penalty save to keep us in the league. An even more precious memory for me now.

R.I.P. Auld Pete.

Sorry to here about your Dad but I am glad that you have fond memories that you will carry with you forever.

Does anyone know if John Ovenstone is match fit, and if he is, could he do a turn as defensive midfielder? With so many youngsters in the squad, we badly need  experienced leadership on the park. I'm sure BB will pulling out all the stops to bring one or two experienced players in, but it's not so easy.

2 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Does anyone know if John Ovenstone is match fit, and if he is, could he do a turn as defensive midfielder? With so many youngsters in the squad, we badly need  experienced leadership on the park. I'm sure BB will pulling out all the stops to bring one or two experienced players in, but it's not so easy.

Would guess more chance if Syme stepping forward to that role with Ovenstone at the back but don't think he played very much last season at Tayport.

On 28/07/2017 at 08:53, Rooster said:

The goalie isn't tall but our issue is neither of our CHs are either . Neither are over 6ft and struggle against a big forward. Money is our issue just wish we could get a 6'2 plus CH and a centre midfielder who is actually a centre midfielder who can hold the ball and pass.

Big John Coughlin will be ferociously rubbing his crotch over this post, rock hard at the thought of lumping balls up to Greg Rutherford and it potentially actually working for once. 

26 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Does the news from Tynecastle mean that any possible loans to Cowden will be off?

Never expected for Cathro to last long I was speaking to my mate and we reckoned he would be lucky to reach the end of the transfer window:lol: I would reckon with Craig still being there we would be able to get folk on loan from them.

2 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Because sometimes when a new manager is appointed, loans are put on hold until the new boss has run his eye over the players at his disposal.

The squad is looking a little threadbare. Aren't loans almost exclusively young 'uns ? Having said that we had a squad at the start of last season that allegedly contained some very experienced players and look where that got us.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Never expected for Cathro to last long I was speaking to my mate and we reckoned he would be lucky to reach the end of the transfer window:lol: I would reckon with Craig still being there we would be able to get folk on loan from them.

Do we really want anyone who can't get into that Hearts team?

Archived