Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

18 minutes ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Muirhead and Swann show great promise. It's unlucky for Whittaker and the club. I notice that a Dundee Utd player also took a bad ankle knock last night against Buckie.

Is Todorov back at Hearts?

Aye Keatings has ligament damage going by Twitter. Not good.

Todorov is back on loan at Livi.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Muirhead and Swann show great promise. It's unlucky for Whittaker and the club. I notice that a Dundee Utd player also took a bad ankle knock last night against Buckie.

Is Todorov back at Hearts?

I hope you are right, and you probably have seen him more times than me, but I don't understand where the great promise comes from with Swann.

He's young and can develop and maybe he's been good in the under age/ reserves / whatever it is. However, on his few 1 st team appearances I have seen I'm struggling to see it. 

Muirhead has always looked like he has something, and had a reasonable first game of the season against Buckie. Wasn't ready to start last season and when he did i felt he struggled as opposed to his sub appearances where he often made an impression.

hopefully he is more ready to be a starter this season. He has a chance to go up the leagues but too early yet to say.

9 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Great statement from the board regarding Colt clubs. Well done to all involved in that.

Is the statement online? I know it was in the programme from the buckie game but i managed to lose mine before reading it.

John Ovenstone

I'm not sure what he is like as a player these days, but when he was last playing in the seniors for Stenny & East Fife, there was probably no better Full Back in the lower leagues. One of those opposition players I secretly admired.

Heard a rumour he was managing in the juniors somewhere (St.Andrews maybe???) so he has obviously got experience of that side of things, could be a really good appointment for you, both on and off the pitch (if he still has it).

44 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I'm not sure what he is like as a player these days, but when he was last playing in the seniors for Stenny & East Fife, there was probably no better Full Back in the lower leagues. One of those opposition players I secretly admired.

Heard a rumour he was managing in the juniors somewhere (St.Andrews maybe???) so he has obviously got experience of that side of things, could be a really good appointment for you, both on and off the pitch (if he still has it).

He was player / manager with Tayport.

I remember the Stenny guys used to rate him very highly, both as a player and as a person. He made only six starts for Tayport last season. That may be because (a) he no longer has the legs or (b) it's notoriously hard to be player/manager. As he's assistant manager at Cowden, he may make more starts. If he is fit, he could be a real asset on the field. All will be revealed.

Farewell to my Dad and lifelong Cowdenbeath supporter Peter Park, also known as Auld Pete. 

He died yesterday at the age of 86 in Victoria hospital. Fitting that he died in Kirkcaldy as he worked down Seafield pit for many years.

He was a moaning old git at games but a great Dad and lovely guy away from matches. He played for Burnisland Shipyard and Lumphinans as a defender many years back. 

His main shouts at games were;

" Yer lying too deep Cowden"

"Yer awe bunched up on one side of the park like wee school laddies"

" Ye hivney  got a bloody clue.......insert managers name here " .

I will miss being with him at games so much as well as my brother Alan who also died about a year ago.

The last moment of action we saw together was Jamie's penalty save to keep us in the league. An even more precious memory for me now.

R.I.P. Auld Pete.

3 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Farewell to my Dad and lifelong Cowdenbeath supporter Peter Park, also known as Auld Pete. 

He died yesterday at the age of 86 in Victoria hospital. Fitting that he died in Kirkcaldy as he worked down Seafield pit for many years.

He was a moaning old git at games but a great Dad and lovely guy away from matches. He played for Burnisland Shipyard and Lumphinans as a defender many years back. 

I will miss being with him at games so much as well as my brother Alan who also died about a year ago.

The last moment of action we saw together was Jamie's penalty save to keep us in the league. An even more precious memory for me now.

R.I.P. Auld Pete.

Sorry to hear that Coo.

His shouts were sadly often accurate, especially 'yer aw bunched up on one side of the park like wee laddies'

8 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

R.I.P. Auld Pete.

Sad to hear about Auld Pete as you say he was a character at games and will be missed. A good guy and loyal fan.

Archived