Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Greg Stewart joins Aberdeen on season long loan from Birmingham. Good to see Greg back in Scotland - never understood why Birmingham signed him as they seemed to have no idea how to use him. They played with a big target man and relied on hard work and power rather than any footballing ability. They seemed to think Greg was some kind of a winger and then spent their time getting him to track back rather than set him free in any playmaking capacity

Aberdeen must be paying a hefty chunk of his wages a few weeks ago old 'arry was saying in one of the papers saying none of the Scottish clubs wanting him would be able to afford his Birmingham wage or even the percentage of his wage they would want. Either Birmingham have lowered their demands or Aberdeen are pushing the boat out.

Good luck to him anyway hopefully he can kick on and get back on form with the Dons after being a bench warmer at Brum.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great move for Greg. I watched a lot of the games involving him and as CC has rightly said above, he certainly wasn't being used effectively. He looked lost due to it and faded right out the side. Looking forward to him having a good season.

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Greg Stewart joins Aberdeen on season long loan from Birmingham. Good to see Greg back in Scotland - never understood why Birmingham signed him as they seemed to have no idea how to use him. They played with a big target man and relied on hard work and power rather than any footballing ability. They seemed to think Greg was some kind of a winger and then spent their time getting him to track back rather than set him free in any playmaking capacity

We got Greg from the amateur league and Kris Renton from the juniors. There are decent players out there who would put guys like the disappointing Chris Turner to shame.

Aberdeen must be paying a hefty chunk of his wages a few weeks ago old 'arry was saying in one of the papers saying none of the Scottish clubs wanting him would be able to afford his Birmingham wage or even the percentage of his wage they would want. Either Birmingham have lowered their demands or Aberdeen are pushing the boat out.

BBC Sportsound reported that the deal was being funded by Aberdeen's new oil investor (who's name slips my head).

13 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That summarises the English Championship as a whole. An absolutely dreadful league where pace and power still see you move for big bucks.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

BBC Sportsound reported that the deal was being funded by Aberdeen's new oil investor (who's name slips my head).

The boy Cormack. He has given them at least 10 million towards their new ground. Boy is minted.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

The boy Cormack. He has given them at least 10 million towards their new ground. Boy is minted.

Very doubtful that their new ground will go ahead. It'll buy them some replacements for all those that have left though.

I'll be going to watch Stewart if I can't get to CP.

On 60 quid a week?

Or it could give us a bit of leverage in the budget to offer a player £200/week instead of £150 a week. 

Dean brett left Montrose travelling is to much for him , fair play putting his wee girl first

Hmmmm...

In all seriousness, absolutely fair play to him. He'd be welcome back at any time at us however I feel, due to his reasons for leaving Montrose, Edinburgh City must be hounding him and rightly so. Even Berwick?

52 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

In all seriousness, absolutely fair play to him. He'd be welcome back at any time at us however I feel, due to his reasons for leaving Montrose, Edinburgh City must be hounding him and rightly so. Even Berwick?

I reckon he'll end up back with Bonnyrigg.

Archived