Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mo83 said:

How good a right back is he then folks? Always played well when I have seen him play.

Hopefully Deano does well for Montrose and gets back on the right track. He was a great player for Cowden when at his best. As mentioned his form dipped due to the tragedies in his life which is fully understandable. He gives his all in every game and is full of energy and drive. 

Wish him all the very best and would like to see him back in a Cowden shirt at some point in the future.

13 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I remember we used to have a white away top back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Did we not just wear a plain white top for one season, no badge or sponsor.

6 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Decent read.  Cheers for posting it!  Sounds like a good signing.

Good read. It is refreshing when footballers speak like human beings instead of the usual cliché ridden nonsense; "buzzing to sign for Cowdenbeath, cant wait to meet the lads and hit the ground running. Hopefully score some goals for the fans".

16 hours ago, PELE said:

Did we not just wear a plain white top for one season, no badge or sponsor.

Think we always had a sponsor maybe no badge. When we played Rangers at Ibrox  in 91 we had a white strip and no sponsor due to some sort of dispute with sponsors Gordon inherited when he took over.

42 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think we always had a sponsor maybe no badge. When we played Rangers at Ibrox  in 91 we had a white strip and no sponsor due to some sort of dispute with sponsors Gordon inherited when he took over.

The game up at Cove in the round before the Rangers game, we wore a plain white top. No badge or sponsor.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

You've got a better memory than me!

It's not every week we play up at Cove. Ask me about a league game and I would struggle to remember most of them.

1 minute ago, PELE said:

It's not every week we play up at Cove. Ask me about a league game and I would struggle to remember most of them.

I can mind of the game and us wearing white but can't remember the logos or non logos:lol:

2 hours ago, PELE said:

I was at Cove. The bus home was great when we got a lucrative draw for once live on the radio!

1 hour ago, big al said:

I was at Cove. The bus home was great when we got a lucrative draw for once live on the radio!

I remember it well. Heard the draw getting off the bus as it arrived in Dundee (not the supporters bus). I was at the two Spartans games in the 2nd round as well. The first game at Spartans was played in the snow on a midweek afternoon. Only Scottish Cup final I have attended was that season, Motherwell beating Dundee Utd 4-3.

I remember Cowden wearing what looked like a plain version of the England home kit at that time when we played at Ibrox. It spoiled the day, as it was like watching another team.

15 hours ago, PELE said:

I remember it well. Heard the draw getting off the bus as it arrived in Dundee (not the supporters bus). I was at the two Spartans games in the 2nd round as well. The first game at Spartans was played in the snow on a midweek afternoon. Only Scottish Cup final I have attended was that season, Motherwell beating Dundee Utd 4-3.

I remember Cowden wearing what looked like a plain version of the England home kit at that time when we played at Ibrox. It spoiled the day, as it was like watching another team.

I missed the Spartans game at City Park, it was deep snow at our bit so never imagined it would be on. Got home from work and seen the score on teletex:lol:

Gordon had to buy the one off strip for Ibrox as I mentioned earlier due to so issue with the sponsors.

4 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Was the cove game the one we won 2-1? Did one of their boys get sent off for the most deliberate and obvious handball ever (apart from scullion of course) and got a second booking?

Aye beat Cove 2-1 it was in 91, Would have to check up re the sending off.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye beat Cove 2-1 it was in 91, Would have to check up re the sending off.

Then the game after we were robbed when big sandy ross goal was chopped off when it was clearly ball to hand... ... In roughly the same way as maradona.

30 minutes ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

This the white kit that's being posted about, Alan MacKenzie against what looks like Rangers??

s-l500.jpg

Aye that was from a pre season game at the start of that season v a Rangers XI.

Edited to add that's a blurred Davie Watt in the background.

Archived