Eligible Scottish Players Rumoured Transfers: 2017/2018

SlayerX

Cummings being sold to Notts forest for 1million is prime example no release clause and is a 2.5million player all day long. Totally under sold him for me.

He did have a release clause.

Who was it who was constantly in this section saying Barrie McKay had the best first touch of anyone in Scotland?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

£500? Bargain!

Seriously though, what is a £1m player? The answer varies based on where they play and who wants to buy them. Any deal where the buying club is in the top two tiers in England, being valued at £1m doesn't mean much, and Cummings is worth that sort of small gamble for Forest. If it was a Scottish club looking to buy him, I imagine Aberdeen, Hearts etc would be interested but wouldn't bid more than £250k. Celtic have the luxury of being able to offer a million, and might well have had to to get past the whole 'selling to a rival' argument Hibs would most likely have put up. 

Cummings is a good, solid goalscorer with a bit of an unorthodox playing style. He'll never make it to the very top, but I can see him playing for Scotland at some point. If and when that happens he'll definitely be in the million pound player bracket.

What's that saying? "Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay"? That's absolutely true in football. If he were an English Championship striker, he'd probably go for about £5/6million, but in Scotland we're living in the real world. Cummings has only played about a dozen matches in the top tier in Scotland, scoring none. He may have scored a lot in the second tier, but that doesn't really cut any ice. He's unproven.

£500k is a gamble worth taking.

I'd be surprised if he got into double figures in the English Championship.

Will he play for Scotland? I don't know. I remember Kevin McDonald at Dundee, at the same age, people thought he was going to win 50+ caps. You can never tell.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who was it who was constantly in this section saying Barrie McKay had the best first touch of anyone in Scotland?

No idea who was beating the barrie McKay drum as it was not me i think he's pump

For the record, McKay will have a better season than Cummings.

I like McKay, he has good technical ability and good pace, with any luck he'll improve his end product. Who knows, he could be the replacement to McFadden as he's that type of player. He reminds me a bit of Allan Johnston, the old Hearts winger. Johnston done well with Sunderland and I think McKay could do similar things with McKay. The difference being, Johnston ruined his career when he dug his heels in with Sunderland, as he wanted a move to Rangers, it seems like McKay is going the opposite route, so perhaps the lad has brains.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think he did. Hibs rejected a £1.7 million bid 12 months ago from Peterborough.

Rejecting £1.7 million and accepting £700k. The Bizarro world of Scottish Football.

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Mckay is about as far away a player from mcfadden as you're likely to see

Talent wise? I wouldn't say "as far away".

Confidence wise? I'd say you're correct.

The proof of the pudding and all that. We'll see what he does in the coming season. My prediction? He'll do well and the Forest fans will love him. Cummings will probably be back in Scotland in one season.

On 04/07/2017 at 14:34, SlayerX said:

For the record, McKay will have a better season than Cummings.

I like McKay, he has good technical ability and good pace, with any luck he'll improve his end product. Who knows, he could be the replacement to McFadden as he's that type of player. He reminds me a bit of Allan Johnston, the old Hearts winger. Johnston done well with Sunderland and I think McKay could do similar things with McKay. The difference being, Johnston ruined his career when he dug his heels in with Sunderland, as he wanted a move to Rangers, it seems like McKay is going the opposite route, so perhaps the lad has brains.

:lol:

Barrie McKay couldn't lace James Mcfadden's boots m8.

58 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

:lol:

Barrie McKay couldn't lace James Mcfadden's boots m8.

Did I say that he could?

Name me another one of our players that you'd call a maverick? The closest one is Barrie McKay, in my opinion. Is he as good as Faddy? LOL! Errrrr... No. Does he have potential to be a useful Scotland player? Yep.

Barrie McKay, with one good season in the strongest team in the Championship before an abysmal season in the top flight, which ended with him dropped into the U20s and sold off, is a potential Scotland player?

He's virtually the same player as Sam Nicholson, except one gets far more hype than they deserve because he played for Rangers.

Who said that Sam Nicholson couldn't be the next Scottish player to blossom?

Same with Jamie Walker. Lewis Morgan is the same type of player.

All three of the above are good players, and with any luck, will develop into better players. Maybe I'm the only one hoping for that.

On 04/07/2017 at 13:56, RandomGuy. said:

Me! 

1 hour ago, woof! said:

Would be a good move for him. He still has the potential to play at international level.

It would be a really good signing. They can't get him on loan because of league rules, etc. I see no reason why Celtic would hold out for much money, it's not like they need him,

Would be a good move for him. He still has the potential to play at international level.

[emoji23][emoji23] No he doesn't.

Archived