Eligible Scottish Players Rumoured Transfers: 2017/2018

SlayerX

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

In amongst all the statistical blurb in this article, there's a mention of Tom Cairney being one of the best passers in England. In the current financial climate and with clubs getting more sophisticated with their scouting, £20m probably isn't as wild as it first seems.

http://statsbomb.com/2017/06/passing-percentages-are-mostly-useless-quantifying-passing-ability/

In today's climate of over-the-top prices, I'd say that he's worth £20million+

I hope he does get a move to the EPL, as I'm sure he's had enough of the Championship. He's more than proved himself in the Championship, so it's time for the step-up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're an Aberdeen fan? 
OK. Fine. Lose two parts of your engine room for £0.00
Doesn't make any sense to me, but OK.

Sell your best remaining MF to your closest rivals for a modest fee like £300k and you'll knock the stuffing out of the team, the fans and pretty much drive McInnes toward the next half decent offer to leave.
300k for McLean is hardly a no brainer.

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Sell your best remaining MF to your closest rivals for a modest fee like £300k and you'll knock the stuffing out of the team, the fans and pretty much drive McInnes toward the next half decent offer to leave.
300k for McLean is hardly a no brainer.

Surely it's better than having him leave for nothing? And surely £300 would buy a replacement, if you look hard enough then you'll find a gem somewhere.

Obviously McLean is worth £1million+, so that's even more reason to hold out for as much as you can. I'd rather take £300k than spend 12 months of wages and receive nothing, and have to find a replacement for zero,

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I assume SlayerX is Joe Miller?

I've been accused of being everyone under the sun, so sure, why not. I'm Joe Miller. 

Aberdeen should've offered Jack and McLean long-term contracts. to avoid this situation. Personally, I would encourage Rangers making a bid, as hopefully it'll prompt another team to make a counter offer, I'd then sell him to the other team. Let's say you get £300k from the McLean deal, add that to the £1.3 million from the Hayes deal, I think that might be enough to purchase replacements. 

Leicester paid £300k for Mahrez. There's bargains out there if you look closely enough.

Aberdeen did offer Jack and McLean long term contracts. Mahrez was on £30k a week from the get go

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen did offer Jack and McLean long term contracts. Mahrez was on £30k a week from the get go

Once rejected, Aberdeen should've cashed it on Ryan Jack 12 month ago, and they should do the same with McLean.

As for Mahrez, he was once on trial with St Mirren, and would've joined them if they didn't mess him about for two months. If he joined St Mirren, I doubt he would've been on £30k a week.

Once rejected, Aberdeen should've cashed it on Ryan Jack 12 month ago, and they should do the same with McLean.
As for Mahrez, he was once on trial with St Mirren, and would've joined them if they didn't mess him about for two months. If he joined St Mirren, I doubt he would've been on £30k a week.

Jack was still negotiating until the end of March

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jack was still negotiating until the end of March

Aberdeen should not have let things linger so long. If they did sell Jack 12 months ago they would've still have finished 2nd, probably.

If they don't bring in someone to replace Hayes then what was the point of selling him? Chris Cadden is available for about £500k. Sam Nicholson is always out of contract.

Aberdeen should not have let things linger so long. If they did sell Jack 12 months ago they would've still have finished 2nd, probably.
If they don't bring in someone to replace Hayes then what was the point of selling him? Chris Cadden is available for about £500k. Sam Nicholson is always out of contract.

Nobody would buy Jack 12 months ago, as they could get him for nothing six months later. You seem to be suggesting every player gets a three year deal every 12 months, which isnt viable

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nobody would buy Jack 12 months ago, as they could get him for nothing six months later. You seem to be suggesting every player gets a three year deal every 12 months, which isnt viable

McLean has 12 months to go on his contract, and yet Aberdeen have been offered £300k, even though he could sign a pre-contract in six months time. It would've been the same for Jack.

In this Bosman era, a football club is negligent if they let a player's contract run out.

14 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Aberdeen reject £300k offer from Rangers for Kenny McLean.

(They'll let him go for zero, like they did with Ryan Jack. Scottish football isn't intelligent)

Aberdeen would have been idiots to sell Jack last summer

5 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

McLean has 12 months to go on his contract, and yet Aberdeen have been offered £300k, even though he could sign a pre-contract in six months time. It would've been the same for Jack.

In this Bosman era, a football club is negligent if they let a player's contract run out.

Or they've made a conscious decision that they'd rather keep the player for a year and take the risk (because it isn't a certainty) of losing him for free in the summer, rather than take the money and strengthen a rival?

34 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Fair enough, all opinions are as valid as the next.

Personally, I would've tried to ship Jack off last year (To anyone but Rangers), and the same with McLean now.

Why would you have sold him last summer?

They knew they had a replacement (an upgrade I would say) on Jack that cost them nothing this summer.

He was worth far more to Aberdeen being in their squad for the whole season than the couple of hundred thousand they would have got last summer.

If I was a manager I would literally tremble with anger if I lost a good player for nothing.

I don't know, the difference between 2nd and 3rd is £300k, but let's be honest, Rangers were pretty much hopeless last season, so Aberdeen would've finished 2nd with or without Jack. Yes, he's a good player, but he's hardly great, if he were then he wouldn't be heading towards Rangers.

Archived