Eligible Scottish Players Confirmed Transfers: 2017/2018

SlayerX

There's already a thread for Scottish players, but for some reason it's just focussing on Scottish players who move abroad, as opposed to Scottish players who stay in Scotland.

---

Ryan Jack  - Aberdeen to Rangers - Free

Christoph Berra - Ipswich to Hearts - Free

Darren Fletcher - WBA to Stoke City - Free

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Scott Allan - what a crap career he's had. 26 in 5 months and still hasn't really had a proper run of games anywhere (one season at Hibs maybe).

Aye, he's made the wrong choices at the wrong times in his career. The move to Celtic just when his career was starting to take off was a disaster for him, another year of playing well at Hibs would have developed him much more, he probably would have went to Rangers and we could have been talking about Scotland caps for him just now. 

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Scott Allan - what a crap career he's had. 26 in 5 months and still hasn't really had a proper run of games anywhere (one season at Hibs maybe).

The really astonishing thing is that I don't think he's played 100 matches.

McCarthy and McArthur both had 100 games-a-piece under their belts whilst they were in their teens. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Obviously gone there for the European games... Oh, hold on...

He's signed for three years, so he'll get at most, 6 matches in Europe.

Jack Grimmer - Fulham to Coventry - Free

Barrie McKay - Rangers to Nottingham Forest - £500k

On 6/14/2017 at 13:52, ilostmyself said:

Aye, he's made the wrong choices at the wrong times in his career. The move to Celtic just when his career was starting to take off was a disaster for him, another year of playing well at Hibs would have developed him much more, he probably would have went to Rangers and we could have been talking about Scotland caps for him just now. 

There have been some question marks over his attitude as well.  Certainly during his time on loan at Rotherham there were reports of attitude issues.

On 6/14/2017 at 18:02, SlayerX said:

The really astonishing thing is that I don't think he's played 100 matches.

McCarthy and McArthur both had 100 games-a-piece under their belts whilst they were in their teens. 

He has 121 career first team appearances as per Wiki, however that's broken up over many seasons with Allan only having 1 full season of regular first team football (2014-15 with Hibs).  His next busiest season was 2011-12 where he played 24 games divided between Dundee United and Portsmouth

19 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

He has 121 career first team appearances as per Wiki, however that's broken up over many seasons with Allan only having 1 full season of regular first team football (2014-15 with Hibs).  His next busiest season was 2011-12 where he played 24 games divided between Dundee United and Portsmouth

Ah. I stand corrected. :) ...If we believe Wiki.... ;)

Sam Nicholson - Hearts to Minnesota United - Free <------ The most bizarre transfer of the season.

This post is for Hibeebounce and Livilion to give me negative feedback. :)

Ooh! Look at me! I have stalkers. They've given me 24 negative feedback points in 9 days. Well done, lads. I won't rest till you make it into the thousands. And trust me, I'll give you more than enough posts to achieve that feat. :lol:

The old "add lots of emoticons to my posts so everyone will think I'm not bothered" routine.  I worry for the keyboard after all those tears as you counted up just how many negative feedback points those nasty boys gave you.

4 hours ago, forameus said:

The old "add lots of emoticons to my posts so everyone will think I'm not bothered" routine.  I worry for the keyboard after all those tears as you counted up just how many negative feedback points those nasty boys gave you.

Errr... there was the same amount of emoticons in my post about Allan having more than 100 games. :P

Yeah, the "me thinks the lady doth protest too much" theory is misplaced, but feel free to try again. Do people know what a sociopath is? A narcissistic one, at that? If not, look it up.

Hello, pleased to meet you. :)

What a strange thing to say. Is it regular practice here for 2 grown men (I assume they're grown men) to try to give negative feedback as a way of forcing a person out of here?

I'm guessing yes. If anything, it'll make me post more often. lol.

Call me crazy, but I would rather talk out by beef, like a man, than go chasing a person's posts like a stalker. But different strokes, and all that. And yes, I am crying, from laughter. lol. Do you know the material I'm getting out of these two? Hysterical!

On 12/07/2017 at 08:31, forameus said:

Won't change your the biggest bawbag on here though.

Archived