Election

Tartan Dave

After the momentum (small m) of referendum fever dying down i think SNP's turnout will be down. Sadly tories are most likely to get out and do it, and Scottish Labour are still embarrassing. So maybe as an insurance policy against crippling depression i'll back the baddies for Overs seats in Scotland.

Stuck a chunk on Theresa May to be the PM at 1.16.

Would be totally happy to lose it, but just can't see a way in which the mad evil cow isn't the PM at the end of this whole thing.

I have put small bets on

SNP more than 46.5 - 5/6
Labour more than 208.5 - 5/6
PC less than 3.5 - 10/11
Conservatives more than 362.5 - 5/6
Labour to win East Lothian - 5/2

Snp under 46 seats is 5/6. Tempted

That's what I went for, just to cover the disappointment. Ideally they'll get 45 with labour picking up a couple in Scotland too (bet wins and Tories make very little headway).

19 hours ago, pandarilla said:

That's what I went for, just to cover the disappointment. Ideally they'll get 45 with labour picking up a couple in Scotland too (bet wins and Tories make very little headway).

At least you won your bet.

With East Lothian and Labour I made a profit.

On 6/8/2017 at 18:47, Nightmare said:

Stuck a chunk on Theresa May to be the PM at 1.16.

Would be totally happy to lose it, but just can't see a way in which the mad evil cow isn't the PM at the end of this whole thing.

Traded out of this for a mammoth £1.30 profit. Mainly because I wanted access to the funds, but also because it's looking slightly more likely that she'll be pushed before she can actually assume office again. 8)

Political betting has been a minefield for the past few years. The independence referendum was the last one that was spot on, where No was heavily favoured, and obviously ended up being the outcome.

Since then all the predictions (and therefore the odds) have been way off:

- 2015 General Election was supposed to be an even split between Cameron and Miliband before Labour got absolutely pumped

- EU referendum, where Remain was heavy favourite but lost out to Leave

- 2016 Scottish Parliament elections, where the SNP took nearly every single constituency seat when they weren't expected to do anything like that

- US Presidential election where Trump won despite Hillary being as short as 1.03/1.04 at some points

And now this shit where the Tories were expected to skoosh it before shitting the bed. Time to start laying the favourite in these things.

Archived