SOMEONE HAD TOO.........NEW SIGNINGS

THEMOLE91

I think the league will be more competitive than people think. Other teams are strengthing, St Pats, Harestanes, Southside. Eastfield have a great young side that are improving every season. Talbot had a great season and will get better.

No disrespect to the Ayrshire league but I think the overall standard in our league is far superior than it was back then when Hurlford were dominating 

I know the Ayrshire league has really improved and will be really competitive in my opinion this season

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Michael Kennedy said:

I think the league will be more competitive than people think. Other teams are strengthing, St Pats, Harestanes, Southside. Eastfield have a great young side that are improving every season. Talbot had a great season and will get better.

No disrespect to the Ayrshire league but I think the overall standard in our league is far superior than it was back then when Hurlford were dominating 

I know the Ayrshire league has really improved and will be really competitive in my opinion this season

Competitive below Colville, the rest are good sides and agree the standard is higher than the Ayrshire but will be battling it out for positions 2 to 12. 

Ayrshire is slightly more competitive now but only slightly. Hurlford now up at 7 or 8 titles in a row. With Michael Mullen and a few others away maybe that can now be challenged. Let's see if the cheque books take a battering over the summer. 

Colville were already team to beat and those 3 signings have only made them stronger. It's up to rest of the teams in the league to find players and system to match them. I agree with mick's point that league will be more competitive than people think.. I am certain other clubs will be picking up new players that will make them better than previous season

23 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Think you're correct with the talbot as well. A really young side but some real quality in the side as well. Suppose it's always easier to play alongside your mates. How does the saying go...the team that drinks together....

Would like to see them put up a challenge but feel their a long way off the standard in your dressing room mate.

Camby's biggest job is the temperament of a select few, but if they can keep 11 on the park against some of the 'bigger' clubs they will definitely provide a shock along the way.

3 hours ago, hammer6 said:

Think you're correct with the talbot as well. A really young side but some real quality in the side as well. Suppose it's always easier to play alongside your mates. How does the saying go...the team that drinks together....

Would like to see them put up a challenge but feel their a long way off the standard in your dressing room mate.

Camby's biggest job is the temperament of a select few, but if they can keep 11 on the park against some of the 'bigger' clubs they will definitely provide a shock along the way.

So with a wee bit of luck Colville might lose a game next season in the league? I'm shaking with excitement here at the prospect of how competitive The Central Premier is going to be

Some amount of negativity on these forums. Maybe we should cancel the Central Premier and give Colvilles to trophy just now?

They have assembled a very strong squad and they deserve credit for that. You cant blame them for wanting to be the best. Its now down to the rest of us to strengthen and prove we can compete with them. Im sure all the teams will have the same thoughts. Footballs a funny old game!!

A wouldn't say it's negativity. It's just being well brutally honest. Colvile have been and will continue to be miles ahead of everyone in the central and the majority of teams at amateur level in Scotland.

Not for a minute are we saying cancel the league but let's be real here colvile will stroll the league and to suggest any the other teams in that league could pip colvile to the league would be bonkers.

As always it'll be a fight for Second place to see who's the best of the rest.

9 hours ago, Paul M said:

A wouldn't say it's negativity. It's just being well brutally honest. Colvile have been and will continue to be miles ahead of everyone in the central and the majority of teams at amateur level in Scotland.

Not for a minute are we saying cancel the league but let's be real here colvile will stroll the league and to suggest any the other teams in that league could pip colvile to the league would be bonkers.

As always it'll be a fight for Second place to see who's the best of the rest.

I agree they are how head and shoulders above the rest currently but it's it's a bit much to say as always. Harestanes won both the Central and Scottish only 2 year ago. Bannockburn won the league 3 year ago. Will take something a bit dramatic at one or more of the Central premier sides to change anything but you never know. Southside got to 2 major finals I'm sure they'll look to challenge. St Pats and of season went on a great run. Bannockburn no doubt severely weakened but they are a massive club I'm sure they'll regroup. 

I agree they are how head and shoulders above the rest currently but it's it's a bit much to say as always. Harestanes won both the Central and Scottish only 2 year ago. Bannockburn won the league 3 year ago. Will take something a bit dramatic at one or more of the Central premier sides to change anything but you never know. Southside got to 2 major finals I'm sure they'll look to challenge. St Pats and of season went on a great run. Bannockburn no doubt severely weakened but they are a massive club I'm sure they'll regroup. 

As always was maybe a bit strong I agree. And as you said it'll take something dramatic for anyone to challenge them. Say I'm being this and that but I'm being brutally honest it just won't happen. Yeah one off Scottish cup ties etc it's very much possible but not a league campaign.

So any pre season friendlies this sat or during next week to watch 

None that I am aware of down this way mate. Saints don't start training again until Monday and think the accies are maybe back this weekend. When are you starting back?

23 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

So any pre season friendlies this sat or during next week to watch 

Any coach who sees you heading towards his game should start dishing out the club balaclavas to his best players pronto!

On 27/06/2017 at 12:46, Michael Kennedy said:

The ayrshire league is a disgrace its all down to mr tarmac there was always 4 or 5 teams challenging for the big cups before he came along fact 

Archived