Pre Season Friendlies 2017/2018

Morton put 6 past Turriff Utd with McHugh scoring a hat-trick. Final score 1-6 

McHugh seems to be banging them in in a number of pre-season games. Interesting to see if he can do the same in competitive matches.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

McHugh seems to be banging them in in a number of pre-season games. Interesting to see if he can do the same in competitive matches.

Of course that's where it counts. Excellent start though as he's  scored in every game he has played so far including bounce games

If you care about friendlies you are a fucking loser.

I tend to agree that they are of limited relevance but surely you must be concerned re the number of goals you appear to be leaking at present?......even in friendlies!

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I tend to agree that they are of limited relevance but surely you must be concerned re the number of goals you appear to be leaking at present?......even in friendlies!

Not even checked the results.

Even if I had the answer would be no.

Not even checked the results.
Even if I had the answer would be no.

So should we scrap them altogether?

These games do give teams a limited opportunity to identify issues and plug gaps.

At the moment it does appear that you have some pretty big gaps to sort, presumably at the back. However I guess we will see in the next few weeks.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

These games do give teams a limited opportunity to identify issues and plug gaps.

At the moment it does appear that you have some pretty big gaps to sort, presumably at the back. However I guess we will see in the next few weeks.

They are useful tools for managers to assess different formations and squads.

Tools also find them useful somehow.

Reading anything into them is stupid though.

I not so worried about us at the back, I'm more than sure we'll sort that out. It's our lack of scoring that's still a matter for concern, even in these preseason games we are once again failing to hit the target. 

Weve still got s few players to bring in (4 is the number being banded around on dot net?) so here's hoping there is s goal scorer or two amongst them, as Clark isn't hitting as many as his alleged

wages would suggest he should. I don't know what he is being paid, but he is apparently the clubs top earner? 

It's going to be a hell of a long season if we keep missing chances again this season. 

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Fans will take a win in any game. But it's not really down to results in these types of games. It's about fitness, performance and trying out new formations etc.

You can't really read anything into results, but you can gauge what's needed for the season starting.  

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Caley Thistle's friendly against Clachnacuddin which was scheduled for tomorrow night has been cancelled for some reason.

Was speaking to a Clach player in the gym earlier.  We have 13 fit players.  We continue the form of the last 2 summers in getting a player taken off injured in each of our pre season friendlies.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Was speaking to a Clach player in the gym earlier.  We have 13 fit players.  We continue the form of the last 2 summers in getting a player taken off injured in each of our pre season friendlies.

I think ordinarily the club would've used to the U17 team to fill in with the shortage of players, but seeming they're away in Barcelona to play some Kenyan team.

Pars 2 14 Hibs/Raith/Cowden/Partick

What was the score? If I have worked it out that's another 4-0!

I know people are saying friendlies are meaningless but shipping that number of goals over 4 friendlies suggests you lot have a genuine problem.

Archived