Pre Season Friendlies 2017/2018

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

Nairn are pretty rubbish these days. Narden pulled their funding a couple of seasons back and they lost a lot of their best players and went from being fairly big spenders by HL standards to back searching the Inverness welfare leagues for players. We're playing them on Friday and I'm looking forward to it. Nice wee ground.

Yep it's basically a load of Inverness Amateur league players mixed in with a few signings from local Junior clubs Nairn St Ninian and Inverness City.  Not trying to take the shine off a 9-0 scoreline but that's what you were up against today basically.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my tried and tested Football Manager pre season schedule. Play some amateur/junior teams get a bit of match fitness for the players and get your strikers scoring a few goals.

Presuming the team have stayed up there for the weekend so hopefully it's a decent team bonding exercise too.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep it's basically a load of Inverness Amateur league players mixed in with a few signings from local Junior clubs Nairn St Ninian and Inverness City.  Not trying to take the shine off a 9-0 scoreline but that's what you were up against today basically.

I think they were missing some first team players today as well. Seemed like the average age of their team was 20 or something. I don't think there's really much we can take from this result.

I'd say there must be something to take given Brian Rice was there watching us. :P

Either way, we were very experimental looking so it certainly served it's purpose. Two young lads I've never even heard of in the starting XI. The young guy at left back (McDonald) looked pretty comfortable. Lots of intricate, quick passing at close quarters. 

Standard of opposition is improving from here on out, starting on Tuesday night. 

We're away to Nairn County tonight and then Elgin City tomorrow, so I'm guessing it'll be a kind of half and half squad with youth and first teamers for both games.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Fleetwood 1 QOS 0 FT

Pre season friendlyies don't count even when they're against good teams who were unlucky in the play offs. :lol:

Caley Thistle beat Nairn County 4-1 earlier.  Our line up was a bizarre mix of youth players, trialists, Clachnacuddin 'guest' players.....and Ryan Esson!  Alex Cooper again looked alright while Chalmers scored a scoring drive from range for the second goal. 

Kilmarnock 1-0 Livingston 

Livi: Alexander, Gallagher, Lithgow, Halkett, Mullin, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, De Vita, Knox, Mullen.

Subs: Maley, Peters, Hamilton, Todorov, Mackin, Carrick, Ogilvie, Sampson.

Montrose 0-2 Brechin FT

City absolutely bossed this throughout so perhaps slightly disappointed we never scored more. Plenty of crosses into the box with little reward, although the Mo keeper made a couple of cracking saves. Quite a few trialists given a chance, but it was two quickfire second half goals from a trialist and Ally Love that ultimately gave us a comfortable win at a sun-bathed Links Park.

Archived