Pre Season Friendlies 2017/2018

Hi everyone,

I work within the Sports Media Sector and was wondering if anyone has any useful information on up coming friendlies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Caley Thistle beat Forres Mechanics 1-0 earlier in what was probably the most boring match I've ever attended.

I'm fairly certain I'm now HIV positive after watching it.  The West Brom youth, number 11, looked bright though which was encouraging.

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm fairly certain I'm now HIV positive after watching it.  The West Brom youth, number 11, looked bright though which was encouraging.

Anyone else merit a mention? Or still too early to form an opinion?

How was the formation and style of play? Many questions I know but couldn't make it today myself.

8 minutes ago, micaley68 said:

Anyone else merit a mention? Or still too early to form an opinion?

How was the formation and style of play? Many questions I know but couldn't make it today myself.

Leitch in CM was okay, didn't give the ball away too often.  Oakely and Davidson upfront were disappointing.  Had plenty of the ball into feet but it seemed to break down time and again.

It was a 4-4-2 but very difficult to judge as it was an HL side who are known for being the the ICT of the league (6ft + hatchet men all over the park).  You could tell it was the first game for 6 weeks for most of our guys.

Zak Elbouzedi who's just this week been released from WBA was head and shoulders the best player on the park.  He played on the left and always looked to get to the by-line and put a ball in.  In the 2nd half he changed his tactic and drifted in and crossed with his right and it seemed to create more chances for us.  I'd be very surprised it he isn't offered a deal if he plays like that against Brora and Elgin in the next 7 days.  Again though,  you need to remember who we were playing today as Forres are an average HL side.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Leitch in CM was okay, didn't give the ball away too often.  Oakely and Davidson upfront were disappointing.  Had plenty of the ball into feet but it seemed to break down time and again.

It was a 4-4-2 but very difficult to judge as it was an HL side who are known for being the the ICT of the league (6ft + hatchet men all over the park).  You could tell it was the first game for 6 weeks for most of our guys.

Zak Elbouzedi who's just this week been released from WBA was head and shoulders the best player on the park.  He played on the left and always looked to get to the by-line and put a ball in.  In the 2nd half he changed his tactic and drifted in and crossed with his right and it seemed to create more chances for us.  I'd be very surprised it he isn't offered a deal if he plays like that against Brora and Elgin in the next 7 days.  Again though,  you need to remember who we were playing today as Forres are an average HL side.

Thanks very much, I remember last pre season looked promising. Let's try to forget how that turned out!

Trying really hard to be optimistic about this season but think we may have to be happy with consolidating this year and then regrouping for a promotion push next season. Really hope I'm wrong. Thoughts on Robbo's return and possible other board changes? Initially I wasn't sure about a possible backwards step but the more time I've had to let it sink in the more I'm coming round to the idea. Knows the club, knows the league, and more importantly knows how to get out of it. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Dunfermline lost 4-2 to Partick thistle. 4 trialists playing. Michael coulson, Cammy king, Lawrence shankland and another striker whos unknown.Paton and unknown striker with the goals.

We drew 0-0 with Stranraer yesterday in a very low key 'training match'.

As far as I understand it this was our team:

Scott Gallacher

David Smith Andy Dowie Craig Barr Aidan McIlduff (T)

Grant Gallagher Stuart Carswell

Calum Gallagher David Wilson Tom Walsh

Mark Stewart

Subs were Kyle Prior and trialists Chris Johnston, Dougie Hill and Jordan Allan

Nairn are pretty rubbish these days. Narden pulled their funding a couple of seasons back and they lost a lot of their best players and went from being fairly big spenders by HL standards to back searching the Inverness welfare leagues for players. We're playing them on Friday and I'm looking forward to it. Nice wee ground.

Archived