Pre Season Friendlies 2017/2018

54 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What was the score? If I have worked it out that's another 4-0!

I know people are saying friendlies are meaningless but shipping that number of goals over 4 friendlies suggests you lot have a genuine problem.

Could be my maths but it was another 0-3 (at Raith this time). Maybe we took the wrong players from them?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be my maths but it was another 0-3 (at Raith this time). Maybe we took the wrong players from them?

Nah it's mine, 3 each to Raith and Cowdenbeath, Four to Hibs and Patrick.

Not ideal preparation.

Saturday might give us a clue whether it's a genuine issue.

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Any interesting trialists and how did Mark Stewart do?

Stewart linked up really quite well with Nade, but was replaced at half-time. The trialists were Chris McLaughlin (ex Ross County), Dougie Hill, Aidan McIlduff (ex Celtic) and Jordan Allan (ex Derry City, Coleraine, Morton, Montrose, Dundee Utd). McLaughlin got the full 90, and looked decent. He's got a belting left foot too. Hill was his usual, solid if unspectacular self, McIlduff only got the last 15 minutes or so, and Allan looked handy again - and grabbed the winner.

Feeling quite positive after that. Nade in particular looked in great shape.

Stewart linked up really quite well with Nade, but was replaced at half-time. The trialists were Chris McLaughlin (ex Ross County), Dougie Hill, Aidan McIlduff (ex Celtic) and Jordan Allan (ex Derry City, Coleraine, Morton, Montrose, Dundee Utd). McLaughlin got the full 90, and looked decent. He's got a belting left foot too. Hill was his usual, solid if unspectacular self, McIlduff only got the last 15 minutes or so, and Allan looked handy again - and grabbed the winner.

I find it bizarre Dougie Hill turned down the offer to stay at Brechin and he's still not signed up anywhere with just days until the start of the competitive season. Is he likely to be offered a contract at Dumbarton?

3 minutes ago, 'Steve said:

I find it bizarre Dougie Hill turned down the offer to stay at Brechin and he's still not signed up anywhere with just days until the start of the competitive season. Is he likely to be offered a contract at Dumbarton?

A week ago I would've said no, but with our deal for Ryan Porteous from Hibs seemingly falling through, and with him putting in some decent enough showings in a couple of friendlies I wouldn't be shocked to see him brought in.

1 hour ago, 'Steve said:

I was disappointed to lose hill, I was a big fan of his, and though he had a great season, it's strange he rejected a new deal without anything else in the pipe line, I was convinced Arbroath had turned his head for more money, probably show he left for footballing reasons other than financial reasons , if he ends up at Dumbarton they've ve got themself a cracking player, would love to know his reason for leaving, 

8 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Really?

Archived