Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Guys banter is fine but let’s give it a rest now , nobody likes a laugh and a wind up more than me but when it all becomes personal it’s no right , I’ve a meeting with Neil next week and hopefully sort this all out , let’s get back to the football and nothing else 

can ah come tae the meeting?;)

29 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Looks like 8 teams going for 6 places but if we win our 2 games in hand we go level with Largs ,  meadow getting results the now and glencairn goin well also ,its goin to be some scrap to the end 

every game from now on in is a must win game.two games in hand for darvel thats good but teams below darvel have games in hand as well,if they win them it could be very interesting,like you say it will be a good scrap till the end,PS whit time is the meeting et?8)

every game from now on in is a must win game.two games in hand for darvel thats good but teams below darvel have games in hand as well,if they win them it could be very interesting,like you say it will be a good scrap till the end,PS whit time is the meeting et?8)
Realistically we won't win every game game from now till end of season, but we need match or better the teams below us to keep in front of them, 5th or 6th is probably the best we can aim for

5 hours ago, Valelover said:

Oh yeah I’ve been an exile for a long time but never forget the Vale, I recall the days of peem Wilson and John Leckie to name just a couple!

What about the darvel legend ? Your bount to remember him ? 

10 hours ago, Valelover said:

I’m out of touch with what is happening I The junior  leagues .  Is this another reorganisation so how many ‘go up’ and into what?

Top 4 of SuperDiv.1 go up automatically into the new Tier 1.

5th & 6th of SuperDiv.1 playoff with the bottom 2 of the SuperPrem (no automatic relegation out of SuperPrem this year).

7th to 12th of SuperDiv.1 remain in Tier 2.

Bottom 2 of SuperDiv.1 (13th & 14th) playoff with 4th-placed in C1 and 4th-placed in Ayrshire Div. (no automatic relegation out of SuperDiv.1 this year).

Top 3 of Ayrshire & top 3 of C1 go up automatically into the new Tier 2.

5th to 7th of the Ayrshire remain in Tier 3.

Bottom 4 (8th to 11th) of the Ayrshire automatically relegated to Tier 4.

5th to 12th of C1 remain in Tier 3.

Bottom 3 (13th to 15th) of C1 automatically relegated to Tier 4.

Top 3 of C2 automatically promoted to Tier 3.

Remainder (4th to 12th) of C2 remain in Tier 4.

So that will give 4 single-division Tiers of 16 for 2018-19.

From then on it'll be straight 3-up and 3-down automatic between each Tier without any playoffs.

7 hours ago, Valelover said:

Thanks  for that...it makes sense to have 16 team leagues...unlike the stupid 10 in the professional leagues.

sgc...apologies but there must be a few legends..can you jog my memory as to who you were thinking about?

Oh there’s only one darvel legend :)

Sammy Murray played in the same Hurlford side as Willie Frew (early 70s) so they might have been at Darvel together too.

Willie was (captain, I think) in your junior cup final team, I don't remember Sammy playing, but i could be wrong.

Both are still fit and well and regular visitors to Blair Park.

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

Sammy Murray played in the same Hurlford side as Willie Frew (early 70s) so they might have been at Darvel together too.

Willie was (captain, I think) in your junior cup final team, I don't remember Sammy playing, but i could be wrong.

Both are still fit and well and regular visitors to Blair Park.

And Sammy drinks slightly more than big wull , what a character and both fantastic juniors 

Archived