Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No ifs,buts, mibbaes, ref this, linesman that. Utter pish today from start to finish. The players need a to have a good hard look at themselves, the majority were there last year and took the plaudits they have to take the criticism.Imo the management are trying 3 at the back, surely that gets done in pre- season not now?

45 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

No ifs,buts, mibbaes, ref this, linesman that. Utter pish today from start to finish. The players need a to have a good hard look at themselves, the majority were there last year and took the plaudits they have to take the criticism.Imo the management are trying 3 at the back, surely that gets done in pre- season not now?

Last seasons team was built and played  together for three years by paddy and the coaches, they played as a unit the decision to change management ripped the heart out of the team, so I think the chairman and the committee have have a lot to answer to the Darvel fans.

8 minutes ago, Ubidizzy said:

Last seasons team was built and played  together for three years by paddy and the coaches, they played as a unit the decision to change management ripped the heart out of the team, so I think the chairman and the committee have have a lot to answer to the Darvel fans.

Alex I couldn’t manage today and seemingly it was woeful but if that’s the case shettleston and today will be the only 2 woeful performances , but at the end of the day it’s results that count and it’s clearly no good enough 

12 minutes ago, Ubidizzy said:

The players imo have let the fans down today, they are the ones who pull on the jersey. That being said it will be one of the few times that has happened in recent seasons. I think that this group of players are good enough at least for this league if not higher, I think the additions the new management team have made on the whole look good but I don’t agree with changing formation with a dozen or so games to go. That imo takes time to bed in especially with a squad where the majority are used to 442.

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Alex I couldn’t manage today and seemingly it was woeful but if that’s the case shettleston and today will be the only 2 woeful performances , but at the end of the day it’s results that count and it’s clearly no good enough 

You have been involved one way or another in junior football for a long time mate,of course the club has to be ambitious but the decision was made in haste and the new management team have task on their hands.

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

The players imo have let the fans down today, they are the ones who pull on the jersey. That being said it will be one of the few times that has happened in recent seasons. I think that this group of players are good enough at least for this league if not higher, I think the additions the new management team have made on the whole look good but I don’t agree with changing formation with a dozen or so games to go. That imo takes time to bed in especially with a squad where the majority are used to 442.

I’d agree with that any tinkering should be done in friendlies no competitive games 

I agree your team are good enough in this league,but to go into the superleague with this team you will be found out,it's to big a jump with most of the current squad,we kept most of team from last season,let 3 go,bought 3 in and if we stay up and it's through the play-offs it's been a great season, we knew it was going to be tough but that is only my opinion
All the best for the rest of the season

16 minutes ago, larky9 said:

I agree your team are good enough in this league,but to go into the superleague with this team you will be found out,it's to big a jump with most of the current squad,we kept most of team from last season,let 3 go,bought 3 in and if we stay up and it's through the play-offs it's been a great season, we knew it was going to be tough but that is only my opinion
All the best for the rest of the season

The results don’t lie but imo with a few more additions in close season we could be good enough to go up. What would happen if we got up is another story. Youse deserved the result today and I hope we will meet again next season in this league. All the best.

The results don’t lie but imo with a few more additions in close season we could be good enough to go up. What would happen if we got up is another story. Youse deserved the result today and I hope we will meet again next season in this league. All the best.

What’s the script next season with promotion? Obv this season top 4 go up n 2 in playoffs. I can’t see that being the same next season. Probs Darvels best chance to get out this league was this season.

Archived