Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

Great highlights mate , now tell me we never deserved to win the game ? And what ur first penalty was for ?

second one is no arguments with that 

You have got to take your chances. At 1-1 Darvel missed 2 or 3 great chances to go 2-1 up then caught with sucker punch.

The first penalty is the wrong decision. The defender perhaps catches striker very slightly but by then ball was over the bar and striker appealing for corner and not a penalty. The second penalty was a stick on and should have been a red to Darvel player as was a very late and high challenge. Darvel won't be far off play offs and no where near relegation. Anyone from 10th up could go on a run and make it.

Your run in looks good for with home games against bottom half teams but you will need wins v Larkhall and Maryhill at least too then perhaps a big win or 4 points v Meadow/Cambuslang or Peasy away.

Darvel Juniors

Home - Kello Rovers, Kilsyth Rangers, Maryhill, Shettleston.

Away - Larkhall Thistle (24/3/18), Cambuslang Rangers, Irvine Meadow XI, Maryhill, Petershill.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/03/2018 at 11:14, Darvel legend said:

Great highlights mate , now tell me we never deserved to win the game ? And what ur first penalty was for ?

second one is no arguments with that 

See this "tell me we never deserved to win the game" stuff - at what point did football not become a game of scoring more goals than your opponents ? Defending and goalkeeping is as much a part of an overall team performance as scoring goals. Darvel could only find their way past the Glencairn defence once, and Glencairn found their way past the Darvel defence twice. Goals are what count so, to answer your question, no you didn't deserve to win the game.

Being honest, I wouldn't have grumbled with a draw, but we got the penalty near the end and defended well after that. Blaming the decision for the first penalty is a red herring, as your own bench admitted quite openly that was balanced out by the honkin' decision to disallow a Glencairn goal for offside just after half time. I know Darvel had a goal disallowed as well, but nobody complained about that at the time, it seemed clear cut, whereas nobody thought our disallowed goal was offside. So it's swings and roundabouts.

It's the old Tommy Burns complaint about Celtic v Rangers at the time he was manager when Celtic used to dominate Old Firm games and Rangers won with breakaway goals. "If only they didn't have Andy Goram." But they did have Goram, he was as much a part of the team performance as Laudrup was at the other end.

Creating chances and not scoring doesn't mean that you deserve to win a game. Scoring more goals than the opposition is what it's about.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

See this "tell me we never deserved to win the game" stuff - at what point did football not become a game of scoring more goals than your opponents ? Defending and goalkeeping is as much a part of an overall team performance as scoring goals. Darvel could only find their way past the Glencairn defence once, and Glencairn found their way past the Darvel defence twice. Goals are what count so, to answer your question, no you didn't deserve to win the game.

Being honest, I wouldn't have grumbled with a draw, but we got the penalty near the end and defended well after that. Blaming the decision for the first penalty is a red herring, as your own bench admitted quite openly that was balanced out by the honkin' decision to disallow a Glencairn goal for offside just after half time. I know Darvel had a goal disallowed as well, but nobody complained about that at the time, it seemed clear cut, whereas nobody thought our disallowed goal was offside. So it's swings and roundabouts.

It's the old Tommy Burns complaint about Celtic v Rangers at the time he was manager when Celtic used to dominate Old Firm games and Rangers won with breakaway goals. "If only they didn't have Andy Goram." But they did have Goram, he was as much a part of the team performance as Laudrup was at the other end.

Creating chances and not scoring doesn't mean that you deserve to win a game. Scoring more goals than the opposition is what it's about.

dont talk pish , the first penalty is a gift and your players wanted a corner and were amazed when they got it , and what about the stonewall penalty we never got ? i actually thought our disallowed  goal was offside at the time  but when i look at it again it maybe wasnt but you scored twice i give you that and won the game , hopefully you go up to the premiership because that tells me we are not far away as we are every bit as good as you and proved that again on saturday , good luck for the rest of the season 

dont talk pish , the first penalty is a gift and your players wanted a corner and were amazed when they got it , and what about the stonewall penalty we never got ? i actually thought our disallowed  goal was offside at the time  but when i look at it again it maybe wasnt but you scored twice i give you that and won the game , hopefully you go up to the premiership because that tells me we are not far away as we are every bit as good as you and proved that again on saturday , good luck for the rest of the season 

[emoji86][emoji86][emoji86][emoji86][emoji86]

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

If the Girvan boss has been sacked it’s pretty poor to comment like this and also for Darvel Pie to like it.

Listen no one wants anyone to get the sack but the pish I’ve had to listen to on this forum was beyond a joke and people were still going on about it last week 

If the Girvan boss has been sacked it’s pretty poor to comment like this and also for Darvel Pie to like it.

Showing their class again!

Archived