Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

Aye... flew out the traps...one down after 2 minutes :thumsup2
In all seriousness as I said previously the game could have went either way...very level game.
Good luck to you's too.
Nice set up at Renfrew, 1st I've been at the new park, last time I was up was at your old ground [emoji1360]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Darvel Dave said:

Nice set up at Renfrew, 1st I've been at the new park, last time I was up was at your old ground emoji1360.png

Aye good foundations in place for the local Renfrew community and plenty use of the park as should be the case everywhere when possible.

The trouble is that ur wee pal LegEnd, after rubbishing various other teams, Medda,Kilsyth,Whitletts to name a few, has been claiming via ur new management team that you are going to the next level which just doesn't look realistic.
Show some respect,enjoy what you have done and quietly look forward[emoji4]

Very refreshing seeing you talking sense and also not mentioning Glencairn. Didn’t think you had it in you [emoji106]

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Tell me where in football it’s no good to be ambitious 

if we had said at the start of the season we are happy to finish mid table and then finished relegated that’s no clever 

whereas say u want to go up and finish mid table that’s acceptable

like another poster said another season in this league won’t do us any harm and remember every player we have is signed for next season as well so can only be good For the club 

we are not far away 

Wasn't long ago u were busting chops about definitely getting promoted, am glad now you have realised the up and downs of this league. 

23 minutes ago, thejannie said:

Wasn't long ago u were busting chops about definitely getting promoted, am glad now you have realised the up and downs of this league. 

Hoping to go up and actually going up are 2 different things 

we are an ambitious club and don’t see any harm in thinking we could have gone up and honestly with the way the boys have played this season I reckon we should and could have had another 12 points easily and that’s me being kind  on top of our total just now but that’s football and we just have to pick ourselves up and stay together 

59 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Tell me where in football it’s no good to be ambitious 

if we had said at the start of the season we are happy to finish mid table and then finished relegated that’s no clever 

whereas say u want to go up and finish mid table that’s acceptable

like another poster said another season in this league won’t do us any harm and remember every player we have is signed for next season as well so can only be good For the club 

we are not far away 

There’s ambition and there’s setting yourself up for a fall, pal. I’m not talking about setting your sights too low. I mean be realistic and understand that promotion puts you into a league where standards are inevitably higher. You boys seem to have forgotten that at the start of this season.

Also, reading the last few posts it seems your chairman needs to get real as well. Football has more variables than just adding a bit more stock powder and using better quality steak. I’m left wondering who listened to who in all this. 

Darvel could still nick a play off spot but it will be hard.....as it was always going to be!

47 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

There’s ambition and there’s setting yourself up for a fall, pal. I’m not talking about setting your sights too low. I mean be realistic and understand that promotion puts you into a league where standards are inevitably higher. You boys seem to have forgotten that at the start of this season.

Also, reading the last few posts it seems your chairman needs to get real as well. Football has more variables than just adding a bit more stock powder and using better quality steak. I’m left wondering who listened to who in all this. 

Darvel could still nick a play off spot but it will be hard.....as it was always going to be!

mate i predicted for 3 years we would get out the ADL and eventaully i was proven right , and i will put my neck on the block again and if it fails i dont really give a f**k but these boys with a tweak here and there will get us to the super league , i say a lot tongue in cheek but ive no walked away from a darvel game this season and thought christ they are far better than us we need to take a reality check here , its looking hard for us now but you just never know in football and if as it looks likely we are in the second tier next season after league reconstruction we should be proud of that and ready to challenge for the title next season 

5 hours ago, Darvel Dave said:
5 hours ago, SaturdaySammy said:
I’m referring to your earlier chants about replacing renfrew and largs with yous and medda. 

If you check back lt wasn't me who said that

Opps ha, least you’ve not disagreed that its a bad shout haha...

Some mad comments from Darvel Legend. 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

mate i predicted for 3 years we would get out the ADL and eventaully i was proven right , and i will put my neck on the block again and if it fails i dont really give a f**k but these boys with a tweak here and there will get us to the super league , i say a lot tongue in cheek but ive no walked away from a darvel game this season and thought christ they are far better than us we need to take a reality check here , its looking hard for us now but you just never know in football and if as it looks likely we are in the second tier next season after league reconstruction we should be proud of that and ready to challenge for the title next season 

Did Ye Ai,bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu.;)

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Massive game this Saturday and imo it's a must win for darvel to have any chance of getting the last promotion place

very true m8,a win for rutherglen and the medda on sat and darvel start to slip down the league,then the games in hand will come into play.squeaky bum time me thinks.:huh:

55 minutes ago, skinnymalinkylonglegs said:

very true m8,a win for rutherglen and the medda on sat and darvel start to slip down the league,then the games in hand will come into play.squeaky bum time me thinks.:huh:

U think what u want but u talk pish so no one really interested up here in what u say 

Archived