Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

There are things money can't buy.   A motivational manager, team spirit, belief and working hard to support each other amongst other things. This owner has , in one foul swoop, destroyed that which has been built and is left with a broken team who are individually looking over their shoulder to see if it's their turn next to be dumped.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Football crazy 09 said:

Winton could do with a discipline problem. Bit soft for my liking. Wee Gary Russell had them shitting themselves on Saturday. Don't see anyone bullying you big fella

Would that be the no 6 who got away with an off the ball incident then hit the deck when anyone went in with a tackle  getting a player booked and one sent off ?

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

mate you seem quite keen to hear my views , neil mcpherson is the guy that kept darvel juniors alive and when he walked away for his own reasons and everyone was wondering whether there would be a darvel juniors John Gall came in invested plenty of money and kept the club going , he has continued to do so and therefore if he does not think paddy can take the club any further and hes done a great job by the way john is entitled to do as he sees fit , im no privy to what gos on between them so i cant comment but it might be more than just results that has caused this decision  . what i will say is we have won 1 out of our last 8 games or as kenny says 3 out of our last 10 , that is not promotion form and therefore i would say its the correct decision by him if he wants to go up this season which he does  . time will tell if its the correct decison but what i will say is john is very ambitious and is hellbent on making darvel one of the top clubs in junior football , is there anything wrong with that ?

Might just be your turn of phrase jim, but I did not walk away. The week after the Scottish Cup tie against Arthurlie, I wrote to the committee advising them I had decided to retire from football at the end of the season, stating the reasons for my decision. I then worked as I had always done and left the Club alive and well. I hope this was just a clumsy turn of phrase as , along with others, I dedicated 5 years of my life to the club. I would prefer not to be drawn into this matter although as a life member I wish to publicly declare my unwavering support for Scott Clelland.

58 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

Might just be your turn of phrase jim, but I did not walk away. The week after the Scottish Cup tie against Arthurlie, I wrote to the committee advising them I had decided to retire from football at the end of the season, stating the reasons for my decision. I then worked as I had always done and left the Club alive and well. I hope this was just a clumsy turn of phrase as , along with others, I dedicated 5 years of my life to the club. I would prefer not to be drawn into this matter although as a life member I wish to publicly declare my unwavering support for Scott Clelland.

Neil all I’m do is praising u for keeping the club alive and maybe I could have worded it better but im no a solicitor ha 

Would be good to see darvel working their way up through junior football and it's good being ambitious but surely they need to be realistic too? It's all about small steps surely and not a quick fire race to be the kings of the juniors ; the guy who runs then behind the scenes needs to realise that theyre darvel and not real Madrid .

mate you seem quite keen to hear my views , neil mcpherson is the guy that kept darvel juniors alive and when he walked away for his own reasons and everyone was wondering whether there would be a darvel juniors John Gall came in invested plenty of money and kept the club going , he has continued to do so and therefore if he does not think paddy can take the club any further and hes done a great job by the way john is entitled to do as he sees fit , im no privy to what gos on between them so i cant comment but it might be more than just results that has caused this decision  . what i will say is we have won 1 out of our last 8 games or as kenny says 3 out of our last 10 , that is not promotion form and therefore i would say its the correct decision by him if he wants to go up this season which he does  . time will tell if its the correct decison but what i will say is john is very ambitious and is hellbent on making darvel one of the top clubs in junior football , is there anything wrong with that ?

Good post and fair enough comments you’re entitled to your opinion.

Which was all I meant by it’s a public forum.

6 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

And you (along with others) are missing the point entirely. All I`m hearing is "it`s his money etc" what about the long term survival/future of the club? Darvel are and will continue to be a provincial club wether they like it or not. They shouldn`t be treated like a vanity project. If he really wants the best for Darvel then the pursuit for progress through his cheque book should be driven from the bottom up and not some false accelerated rise to the perceived top which will be followed by the even quicker plummet to the bottom when either his cash runs dry or his attention span/ego go elsewhere. He had/has the opportunity to invest in changing rooms,pitch facilities etc and grow a community club from a really strong foundation (well he did have before he sacked the manager) by engaging with the local community and growing something that will be sustainable in the future. It`s not about John Gall it should be about Darvel and if they aren`t worried about their long term future then they should be!! 

26 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

And you (along with others) are missing the point entirely. All I`m hearing is "it`s his money etc" what about the long term survival/future of the club? Darvel are and will continue to be a provincial club wether they like it or not. They shouldn`t be treated like a vanity project. If he really wants the best for Darvel then the pursuit for progress through his cheque book should be driven from the bottom up and not some false accelerated rise to the perceived top which will be followed by the even quicker plummet to the bottom when either his cash runs dry or his attention span/ego go elsewhere. He had/has the opportunity to invest in changing rooms,pitch facilities etc and grow a community club from a really strong foundation (well he did have before he sacked the manager) by engaging with the local community and growing something that will be sustainable in the future. It`s not about John Gall it should be about Darvel and if they aren`t worried about their long term future then they should be!! 

And there’s no new dressing rooms and terracings being put up ? 

7 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

What position were Darvel in the ADL this time last year?  Certainly not top, maybe third or fourth yet went on to win the league in a canter.  Food for thought eh?

1 hour ago, GLESGABOY said:

Your point about being a community club is correct. Take it from me the supporters of the club who are from darvel will continue to go down the brae and support the club. They may not all support the decision 100% but they will support whoever the manager and players are 100%

20 minutes ago, savedbyhay said:

If Darvel start drifting towards the bottom of the division?

I get where your coming from, but there are now a good number of the support myself included whose fathers used to take them starting from the late 70’s onwards and now we are in the position to take our boys to the games and yes winning the league has certainly got our interest back but the the main thing is that my wee boy wants to go to the fitba with his dad on a saturday whether we win lose or draw.he wants to play with his pals behind us and every now and then will ask the score and that is more important than who the manager is or who is playing at left back or centre mid. These wee boys now support darvel juniors and that is the heart of a community club surely and only us as dads can ensure that continues.

7 hours ago, GLESGABOY said:

you Obviously haven’t been up to recreation park in a while Mr Kearney to see the work that has been done off the park and ongoing plans for new terracing and changing facilities. I’ve been a darvel fan long before you were manager and will continue to support my team no matter who is in charge even if I don’t agree with paddy getting sacked. Neil Mcpherson worked wonders for this club and we wouldn’t be talking on this thread right now I’f it wasn’t for that man and John Gall has continued the good work off the park and not only spent his money but spent a lot of his time and effort trying to improve it so cut the guy some slack.

That wasn't my opinion on myself that was what I was told. No rocket science

For what it's worth I think you're a very good player from what I've seen of you kenny. No offence intended but a bit lighted n you'd be playing at a higher level. Good luck wherever you end up.

Archived