Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

I agree it's a kick In the balls but I know if I was in ur position (& the other players) I'd try my hardest to prove him that everyone is good enough, we all want u to stay & fight for promotion

A get what ur saying and players might have been willing to do that if it was said with paddy being the manager but the trust isn't there just now and majority feels we could all be chopped regardless if we proved him wrong or not

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A get what ur saying and players might have been willing to do that if it was said with paddy being the manager but the trust isn't there just now and majority feels we could all be chopped regardless if we proved him wrong or not

It was a shock to hear the news but u & the players will know more than I do about the decision, I'll ask John about it next time I see him, I just hope once a new manager comes in (or before)we can get back to concentrating on the football & the trust comes back within the club

It was a shock to hear the news but u & the players will know more than I do about the decision, I'll ask John about it next time I see him, I just hope once a new manager comes in (or before)we can get back to concentrating on the football & the trust comes back within the club

A think alot of that will depend on the manager that comes in aswell n if the boys feel he's no good we won't hesitate to voice our feelings

58 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Kenny I don't know what was said and who the 7 players are but see a new manager he might have a completely different take on it and if it was me I would want to be part of the journey mate 

So what if the new manager doesn't agree will John gall and the fans will he just get the bullet. Why don't the guys who own the clubs or committee members just let the managers managed that's what there paid for

28 minutes ago, Shogun said:

So what if the new manager doesn't agree will John gall and the fans will he just get the bullet. Why don't the guys who own the clubs or committee members just let the managers managed that's what there paid for

The fans have f**k all to do with this and if I put as much money in as John surely he can have an opinion 

I’m pretty sure John does not get involved in team selection as I’ve asked him often what’s the team today and his reply all the time is I’ve no idea 

Yes he can have an opinion, but let the guy do his job you are sitting mid table holding your own and use turn it on its head . It makes no sense to me you have now lost 3 players probably more will follow , does that sound like a great decision to you

1 minute ago, Shogun said:

Yes he can have an opinion, but let the guy do his job you are sitting mid table holding your own and use turn it on its head . It makes no sense to me you have now lost 3 players probably more will follow , does that sound like a great decision to you

Mate it’s pretty certain mid table is no good enough for John , is there anything wrong with being ambitious ? Alan Moodie has left who has been a great servant to the club but has been injured all season and Murray Johnston who had a great season last year has left because he’s Paddy’s pal and that’s fine that’s their decision 

And that's fine pal it's all about opinions , I also know you guys are very well treated down by and if it was me I would want to continue to be part of it 

Can you elaborate on them getting well treated at darvel. Seeing you saying it a few times n I’m just wondering what makes you say that?

Mate it’s pretty certain mid table is no good enough for John , is there anything wrong with being ambitious ? Alan Moodie has left who has been a great servant to the club but has been injured all season and Murray Johnston who had a great season last year has left because he’s Paddy’s pal and that’s fine that’s their decision 

There's nothing wrong with being ambitious and like me you love your team, I've heard you over the years speaking very highly of the management team and how they go about there business. Do you not think they could have took you to the next level? I think it's a harsh decision thats put enormous pressure on your Man johns head if he gets the next appointment wrong.

3 minutes ago, ardeerultra said:

There's nothing wrong with being ambitious and like me you love your team, I've heard you over the years speaking very highly of the management team and how they go about there business. Do you not think they could have took you to the next level? I think it's a harsh decision thats put enormous pressure on your Man johns head if he gets the next appointment wrong.

I like ur posts but my honest opinion is we would not have been in top 6 , I think we would have came up just short which In a normal season finishing 7th or 8th after being promoted would have been more than acceptable , this season of all seasons however 6 teams could go up to super league and John obviously wants to be in top 4 worse case scenario top 6 

we have won 1 out of our last 8 so that’s hardly promotion form so I can see how he has made this decision 

17 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

You are sitting 3 points off a promotion, it's not even Xmas yet , ambition is great but don't shite before your trousers are down . You club is a club on the up and paddy and John are a huge part of that, but paddy for me takes most of the credit with his back room staff because he had built a great team spirit and tbh money doesn't buy that

So the Chairman told a Hurlford Player of Paddy's intended sacking a day before Paddy. Is that acceptable? No it's not. The 'man' will spit his dummy out soon enough. I hope both of Darvel's Committees keep a close eye on the books or they could go to the wall due to his 'ambitions'.

it’s no 1 win in 8 it’s 3 wins in 10 or unbeaten 6 in 10 so
Win ratio 33%
Unbeaten ratio 66%
Loss ratio 33%
Canny just forget 2 wins to suit a negative agenda.

Using this stat again so people know we haven't been beat aw they games

3 minutes ago, NewMan87 said:

it’s no 1 win in 8 it’s 3 wins in 10 or unbeaten 6 in 10 so
Win ratio 33%
Unbeaten ratio 66%
Loss ratio 33%
Canny just forget 2 wins to suit a negative agenda.

Using this stat again so people know we haven't been beat aw they games

Ha ha ha u win mate and like I said to u on the phone apart from Musselburgh game where I thought if it wasn’t for Markie we could have been 5 or 6 down we could have won all those games but the bottom line is we never 

Ha ha ha u win mate and like I said to u on the phone apart from Musselburgh game where I thought if it wasn’t for Markie we could have been 5 or 6 down we could have won all those games but the bottom line is we never 

Aye true, but it's a learning curve for majority of the boys n am sure that wid have seen them games through next time we played them

Archived