Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

Funny how the darvel chairman couldn't wait to go on this site and chastise ourselves and winton about separate incidents but doesn't have the decency to come on now and explain to Darvel supporters why he's decided to sack the manager when there imo doing not to bad for a newly promoted club .
At the time when he attacked my club i thought he lacked class and this only confirms i was right !.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And can “provincial clubs” not aspire to be better! Are hurlford not a provincial club, that could also be said of glenafton, new cumnock is hardly a sprawling metropolis and not exactly close to any big towns

They can be better but things don't happen in less than half a season. The club needs to stabilise in the higher League and sacking the manager mid season only destabilises the club.Illusions of grandeur methinks and I believe I will be proved right at the end of the season. By the way Hurlford have 2 millionaires pumping money in to them and Glenafton have taken a few seasons to get to where they are.I remember Lugar beating them 7 nil a few seasons ago.Darvel seem to think they can achieve two promotions in successive seasons. Crap they will fail spectacularly and I'll be watching [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

21 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Funny how the darvel chairman couldn't wait to go on this site and chastise ourselves and winton about separate incidents but doesn't have the decency to come on now and explain to Darvel supporters why he's decided to sack the manager when there imo doing not to bad for a newly promoted club .
At the time when he attacked my club i thought he lacked class and this only confirms i was right !.

Why does the chairman have to come on here and explain his decision ? As long as he’s told Paddy and the players that’s all that matters 

2 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

They can be better but things don't happen in less than half a season. The club needs to stabilise in the higher League and sacking the manager mid season only destabilises the club.Illusions of grandeur methinks and I believe I will be proved right at the end of the season. By the way Hurlford have 2 millionaires pumping money in to them and Glenafton have taken a few seasons to get to where they are.I remember Lugar beating them 7 nil a few seasons ago.Darvel seem to think they can achieve two promotions in successive seasons. Crap they will fail spectacularly and I'll be watching emoji102.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

And what’s wrong wae trying to go up 2 years in a row ?

girvan done it 

45 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

It seems to me that the powers that be at Darvel have illusions of grandeur. I can see them freefalling back down the League .Shame really but some people have lost the plot and haven't grasped the reality of running a provincial club

sorry to be pedantic but it is delusions of grandeur not illusions

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Why does the chairman have to come on here and explain his decision ? As long as he’s told Paddy and the players that’s all that matters 

The chairman should explain to supports why this has happened. Fair enough explaining to paddy and the players but the support deserve to know. The support is really important to a club but unfortunately we are getting left in the dark 

My point was that he couldn't wait to come on here to say certain stuff about other clubs but a massive decision that effects his own club not a word ?
An u don't think he could tell the supporters why he sacked your manager ?
U don't think he owe's the real supporters at least that ?
For a guy who can't wait to jump on to social media ? No class .

3 minutes ago, offside said:

The chairman should explain to supports why this has happened. Fair enough explaining to paddy and the players but the support deserve to know. The support is really important to a club but unfortunately we are getting left in the dark 

Basically paddy

3 minutes ago, offside said:

The aim is promotion and john doesn't think paddy is taking Darvel there, seemingly wasn't using anywhere near the budget 

7 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Basically paddy

The aim is promotion and john doesn't think paddy is taking Darvel there, seemingly wasn't using anywhere near the budget 

Seemed to be a budget when they were trying to get Latta! Paddy tried to get players I can assure you of that. 

I agree the chairman should let the support know what the reasons were for the decision but I personally don't think it needs to be posted on here, I'm sure we'll get an answer to that question on Saturday at our next game.

12 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Basically paddy

Like I said what I’m hearing is there is plenty of money available and was available to Paddy as well 

2 minutes ago, JIML said:

Seemed to be a budget when they were trying to get Latta! Paddy tried to get players I can assure you of that. 

I know he tried to get players, and his budget didn't allow him to get Latta but now seemingly he had plenty of money to spend and didn't use it

Archived