Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously someone has been lined up as this has just came out the blue. Darvel really need to have a reality check. They've done nothing for years. Now they think there going to rule junior fitba. Unbelievable!! Darvel don't attract the quality that they crave. There competing with the likes of Troon, Medda etc for the same players. This, in my opinion is obviously been done as they've had someone lined up for a while and waited on the 1st possible chance to sack him. Let's see how well the new guy gets on at attracting the top players. You'd be aff your heed to take this job on with that chairman.

3 minutes ago, lineo said:

Obviously someone has been lined up as this has just came out the blue. Darvel really need to have a reality check. They've done nothing for years. Now they think there going to rule junior fitba. Unbelievable!! Darvel don't attract the quality that they crave. There competing with the likes of Troon, Medda etc for the same players. This, in my opinion is obviously been done as they've had someone lined up for a while and waited on the 1st possible chance to sack him. Let's see how well the new guy gets on at attracting the top players. You'd be aff your heed to take this job on with that chairman.

Unfortunately for Darvel their facilities are no where near the likes of medda and Troon and also located a good bit away from any major town, so to attract the players they want they'll need to offer a good bit more than the likes of medda and Troon 

5 minutes ago, lineo said:

The supporters don’t think we are going to rule junior football. The club have never had anybody willing to put money into the club so are we wrong that we want progression.

The supporters don’t think we are going to rule junior football. The club have never had anybody willing to put money into the club so are we wrong that we want progression.

But you were getting progression with Paddy

40 minutes ago, Football crazy 09 said:

All I know of the Chairman is he threw the toys out the pram at Kilmarnock in a very public fallout. 

Since coming to Darvel he has publicly accused the Winton (a smashing club and committee) of fiddling the gate in a cup tie.

He has publicly criticised the S.J.F.A on a number of occasions.

He has publicly accused Kilsyth Rangers(another smashing club) of lying to get a game put off.

His main interest in the opposition seems to be where the nearest pub is with reference to their ground.

He stated publicly he would go with the players this season who got them promoted, and now suggests that all but six are not good enough.

Scott Clelland on the other hand played Junior football all his days at Troon, the Winton, Girvan , Lugar and Darvel and assisted the youth team at the Talbot before taking the job at Darvel.

Throughout this time I have never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

Who would you rather have associated with your Club.

Does reputation mean nothing at Darvel anymore. A once proud club have sunk so low in the estimation of many that it will take years to recover, if the Club is around  see it.

“Years to recover “ how do you work that out. The supporters of the club, not supporters of individuals will still go doon the brae.

Just now, lang said:

But you were getting progression with Paddy

Yes we were, but as it was said earlier maybe if it had not been for reconstruction we would have been happy to consolidate but we have been given a great opportunity to go up again and I think a lot of the support maybe seen it sliding away. I know it’s early in the season but as I said earlier the buck stops with the manager and we have won 1 out of 8.

5 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Yes we were, but as it was said earlier maybe if it had not been for reconstruction we would have been happy to consolidate but we have been given a great opportunity to go up again and I think a lot of the support maybe seen it sliding away. I know it’s early in the season but as I said earlier the buck stops with the manager and we have won 1 out of 8.

At the start of the season your manager would have been given a budget to work with. If hes done that and your sitting where you are in the league then he`s done what he`s been asked to do as far as I can see. If your budget is matched to a certain type/value of player then the level of success that`s possible with these type of players is also set out for you. Regardless of reconstruction, any team that comes from the ADL needs massive investment to make the leap up another division consecutively and your club never done that at the start of the season. 

6 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

At the start of the season your manager would have been given a budget to work with. If hes done that and your sitting where you are in the league then he`s done what he`s been asked to do as far as I can see. If your budget is matched to a certain type/value of player then the level of success that`s possible with these type of players is also set out for you. Regardless of reconstruction, any team that comes from the ADL needs massive investment to make the leap up another division consecutively and your club never done that at the start of the season. 

I am only a supporter but I am led to believe that there is money available. I don’t know the reason why the players that we need have not been signed.

I don't see how being 3 points off an automatic promotion spot and 4 points off of 2nd is promotion sliding away

I don't see how being 3 points off an automatic promotion spot and 4 points off of 2nd is promotion sliding away

Feel sorry for yourself and the rest of the players as Paddy was obviously important too you lot and for him to be treated like this must be a kick in the teeth for yous as well.

The super 1st is a crazy league. 2 wins your going for promotion, 2 defeats its relegation. To be sitting in that position after promotion is guid going in anybody’s book.

15 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I am only a supporter but I am led to believe that there is money available. I don’t know the reason why the players that we need have not been signed.

Because it`s hard to attract t that type of player to a club like Darvel that`s why. And if it`s true that your owner/chairman is only offering half of what they are currently getting paid then they certainly won`t sign, regardless of who the manager is.

3 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Because it`s hard to attract t that type of player to a club like Darvel that`s why. And if it`s true that your owner/chairman is only offering half of what they are currently getting paid then they certainly won`t sign, regardless of who the manager is.

You know more than me, and yes if they are only getting offered half of what they are on I’m not surprised they are not signing. I only have my opinion to go on, I would love to know where everybody is getting there info. If indeed it is info and not just an opinion.

8 minutes ago, Cancellara said:

It seems to me that the powers that be at Darvel have illusions of grandeur. I can see them freefalling back down the League .Shame really but some people have lost the plot and haven't grasped the reality of running a provincial club

And can “provincial clubs” not aspire to be better! Are hurlford not a provincial club, that could also be said of glenafton, new cumnock is hardly a sprawling metropolis and not exactly close to any big towns

Archived