• Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

If we can get 3 maybe 4 players better than we have we can go up again 

girvan have just done it so no reason why we can't do it 

And here's me thinking Paddy was the manager I must have missed something 

8 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Eh girvan strengthened and won the league 

its now a different level and as a supporter I think that's what we need 

For sure just don't think a public forum is the place to discuss this.

just my opinion 

For sure just don't think a public forum is the place to discuss this.
just my opinion 

That's one of his sensible posts!! Every team in the Super First will be looking to bring in a few extra players to go for promotion. Every other teams supporters will be posting the same that a few quality additions and will be challenging. I think at 10 teams will fancy their chances of promotion including Darvel if indeed 4 teams going up in 2017/18.

On 2017-6-2 at 08:08, Shannon said:

That's one of his sensible posts!! Every team in the Super First will be looking to bring in a few extra players to go for promotion. Every other teams supporters will be posting the same that a few quality additions and will be challenging. I think at 10 teams will fancy their chances of promotion including Darvel if indeed 4 teams going up in 2017/18.

Definitely agree that every teams fans will be saying that bringing in a few extra players will help push for promotion, but it's the part saying that 3 or 4 players BETTER than than the current squad are needed that's not, yes maybe some experience from the super 1st is needed, but DL talks about never seeing a team with the spirit and togetherness as he's seen at Darvel then suggests 3 or 4 better players are needed, maybe its just a poor choice of wording from him, but I can't agree with his post either 

6 hours ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Definitely agree that every teams fans will be saying that bringing in a few extra players will help push for promotion, but it's the part saying that 3 or 4 players BETTER than than the current squad are needed that's not, yes maybe some experience from the super 1st is needed, but DL talks about never seeing a team with the spirit and togetherness as he's seen at Darvel then suggests 3 or 4 better players are needed, maybe its just a poor choice of wording from him, but I can't agree with his post either 

Team spirit alone won't get us promoted next season , we will be playing better teams with better players so if we don't improve our playing squad we will hold our own I've no doubt about that but if paddy can get the right players in I think we can go up again , and unless they are better than what we have what's the point in signing them 

6 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

Paddy will be sacked after first 6 games when you lot get pumped Week in week out

As a neutral, it seems to me that the Medda have a lot of experience of managerial turnover in the last few years, and 6 games for one of your bosses might lead to calls for a testimonial.  

1 minute ago, Geo61 said:

3 managers in 15 yrs ain't too bad in my opinion but time will tell so it will

Geo. You have had three in less than 3 years......have you been away for a while ?

10 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

Paddy will be sacked after first 6 games when you lot get pumped Week in week out

Once again you jump on the Darvel thread with no aforemention of your team and no instigation from DL,

Just goes to show your a fucking DICK !!!!!

13 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

Naw always been here didn't count Davie Greg as he was only brought in for the remainder of season but still if you count him 4 in 15 yrs

Lets' agree it's at least 7. You must try to study the History of your club. It wasn't always this bad you know!

1 minute ago, Geo61 said:

No one got sacked strain rankine Gregg turner last managers ffs Reilly & Findlay were long time ago

You'll be saying bob Alexander next and Iain McQueen

You said 15 years.....check your history .....

12 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

Aye you've lost me I was only a season out you've still no told me how many Darvel had in same period

Geo  I think it speaks volumes for the progress made at darvel that

a. You're commenting on them

b. You're trying to sign their players

c.they are now in the same league as the Medda.

d. From the whispers I hear darvel are in better shape financially than the pride of Irvine.

12 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

Aye you've lost me I was only a season out you've still no told me how many Darvel had in same period

Archived