Benburb v The Gow

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye I heard the Bens manager shout that too then the Ref blows the whistle for full time and allows two subs to come on and take part in the shoot out.
I smell a protest here.

Lord only knows what the ref was thinking, but players being on the pitch at the final whistle is one of the most basic requirements for a shootout.

31fcd5c48af0746ae53c8695c883e7f4.jpg

You've confirmed what I thought was the case that an injured keeper is the only sub who can come on during or before a shoot out.

Be interesting to see the outcome of this mess up.

Shambles.  No chance the SJFA will do anything about it . The game against Neilston should never have beenreplayed either. It's tantamount to cheating. If refs don't know the rules what chance have you got. 

Surely any responsibility lies with the SFA referees department. The Region has no control over the appointments made. However are now having to clear up a number of errors being made by referees and there always seems to be a loser from their decision. This is why there is protest and appeal system.

At the end of the day there were 2 players on the park who shouldn't have been on the park for the shoot out.
Feel a bit sorry for the Bens who were trying to make a substitution as one of the players was down injured. I'm sure play had actually stopped at the time they asked the Ref how long was left and he subsequently blew the whistle for full time and let both guys come on despite protests from The Gow bench.
That's something basic you learn on your course just starting out.

20 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Surely it's not the Bens fault the ref made a mistake and allowed this to happen. Very harsh on them IMO.
Doubt you will see any other result over turned in football based on a ref error

It's no American fitba we are playing here. You can't just bring on 2 penalty kick takers after the final whistle. 

Archived