The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, TheNauld said:

We totally dominated the game today and the handball that led to their goal was the turning point in the game, the officials were horrendous today

Dominated the game ? Thank you For giving our bar sweepers a good turn as it would appear you are drunk.

Dominated the game ? Thank you For giving our bar sweepers a good turn as it would appear you are drunk.

I tend to agree, I didn't see the first half hour but in no way did Cumbernauld dominate the hour that I did see.

It’s my opinion and I stand by it, we didn’t take our chances and were punished for it largely thanks to the referee

I tend to agree, I didn't see the first half hour but in no way did Cumbernauld dominate the hour that I did see.

You don’t have to side with your neighbours Peter, but it’s nice that you do [emoji6]

7 hours ago, TheNauld said:

It’s my opinion and I stand by it, we didn’t take our chances and were punished for it largely thanks to the referee

In what way did the referee influence the game?  A possible hint of offside on 1st goal but that’s his assistants shout. I thought ref was fine - wasn’t many incidents in the game. Wasn’t a classic but I thought we deserved it.

In what way did the referee influence the game?  A possible hint of offside on 1st goal but that’s his assistants shout. I thought ref was fine - wasn’t many incidents in the game. Wasn’t a classic but I thought we deserved it.

The first goal was a hand ball watch the video it clearly shows it, the ref gave us nothing and booked 3 players, yet your No11 blatantly kicked our player and stayed on the park.

You deserved the win only because we could have played all day and not scored, that’s the reason we aren’t going to be promoted. Anyway the games done and me moaning is no going to change the result

So as it stands fixtures are:

Petershill:  1 match left, not scheduled

Renfrew:  Finished

Cambuslang: 2 left, 1 scheduled

Troon: 2 left, none scheduled

Largs: 2 left, none scheduled

Glencairn: 3 left, 1 scheduled

Meadow: 4 left, 1 scheduled

Cumbernauld: 3 left, none scheduled

Darvel: 4 left, 1 scheduled

Kilsyth: 2 left, 1 scheduled

Kello: 3 left, 2 scheduled

Larkhall: 3 left, none scheduled

Maryhill: 2 left, none scheduled

Shettleston: 3 left, 1 scheduled.

...we could have played all day and not scored, that’s the reason we aren’t going to be promoted...

46 goals from 23 games is not a bad goal scoring record, to be fair.

46 goals from 23 games is not a bad goal scoring record, to be fair.

The problem is that the majority of our goals have not came from our strikers, in sat game alone in the first half we hit the post and missed an excellent chance when the defender played the ball back across his own goal. Against Kello a few weeks ago we missed a barrow load of chances, we’re creating opportunities but haven’t been taking them

So as it stands fixtures are:
Petershill:  1 match left, not scheduled
Renfrew:  Finished
Cambuslang: 2 left, 1 scheduled
Troon: 2 left, none scheduled
Largs: 2 left, none scheduled
Glencairn: 3 left, 1 scheduled
Meadow: 4 left, 1 scheduled
Cumbernauld: 3 left, none scheduled
Darvel: 4 left, 1 scheduled
Kilsyth: 2 left, 1 scheduled
Kello: 3 left, 2 scheduled
Larkhall: 3 left, none scheduled
Maryhill: 2 left, none scheduled
Shettleston: 3 left, 1 scheduled.

Pretty farcical situation sitting here on the 6th May [emoji85]

Pretty farcical situation sitting here on the 6th May [emoji85]

It's more than farcical, it's disgraceful. The clubs voted for a fixtures system and voted a person in to the job to implement it. He has just thrown two fingers to every club who voted for him last summer.

The first goal was a hand ball watch the video it clearly shows it, the ref gave us nothing and booked 3 players, yet your No11 blatantly kicked our player and stayed on the park.

You deserved the win only because we could have played all day and not scored, that’s the reason we aren’t going to be promoted. Anyway the games done and me moaning is no going to change the result
The linesman said to us that the ball DID hit the hand of the Camby player, but there was no movement from his hands to the ball therefore no way a deliberate hand ball so didn't give it.

Archived