46 - Kello Rovers

45 - Larkhall Thistle

43 - Darvel Juniors

43 - Kilsyth Rangers

35 - Maryhill

33 - Shettleston

On 09/04/2018 at 09:49, glensmad said:

And so the midweek mayhem commences on Wednesday night :-

Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Petershill (1st)

Cumbernauld United (8th) v Maryhill (14th)

Irvine Meadow XI (7th) v Troon (5th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (6th) v Larkhall Thistle (12th)

Your thoughts ?

Peasy

Cumbernauld

Draw

Draw

Two ways to look at our draw with Larkhall tonight - a missed opportunity to gain ground on Troon and Meadow who drew with each other, or no real damage done as they both dropped points as well. I can't really decide, but it is what it is. Cumbernauld got the job done v Maryhill, so they're still very much in the mix as well.

Had worse nights tbf.

How did Cambuslang look as a bit of a hammering, some scoreline as you gave Meadow early in the season! The Cambuslang game v Largs is a big one this Saturday. If either team loses they may be panicking that could drop out automatic promotion spots soon (Largs especially as Cambuslang have games in hand but Cambuslang having a few problems going by reports & their performance at Meadow Park where lost 2-0 was very lacklustre). There is Troon, Rutherglen, Meadow and Cumbernauld all with hopes of sneaking 4th spot.

I have no doubt Petershill will be champions just a matter of when and have points total now for automatic promotion.

How did Cambuslang look as a bit of a hammering, some scoreline as you gave Meadow early in the season! The Cambuslang game v Largs is a big one this Saturday. If either team loses they may be panicking that could drop out automatic promotion spots soon (Largs especially as Cambuslang have games in hand but Cambuslang having a few problems going by reports & their performance at Meadow Park where lost 2-0 was very lacklustre). There is Troon, Rutherglen, Meadow and Cumbernauld all with hopes of sneaking 4th spot. 
I have no doubt Petershill will be champions just a matter of when and have points total now for automatic promotion.

We played as well as we have for ages, but Cambuslang were poor. In both games against us they have relied on launching the ball forward towards Gemmell, but that was very ineffective last night, especially in the second half uphill into the teeth of a gale. They had made a few changes from the 2-2 draw at Springburn a few weeks ago, and as much as I think Staunton is an arse because of his repeated desire to fall over screaming at the slightest contact, they missed him organising the defence last night.

15 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
8 hours ago, Shannon said:

We played as well as we have for ages, but Cambuslang were poor. In both games against us they have relied on launching the ball forward towards Gemmell, but that was very ineffective last night, especially in the second half uphill into the teeth of a gale. They had made a few changes from the 2-2 draw at Springburn a few weeks ago, and as much as I think Staunton is an arse because of his repeated desire to fall over screaming at the slightest contact, they missed him organising the defence last night.

Cambuslang are certainly making things hard for themselves.  Having watched them a good few times this year I’m surprised at them going route one as they have an excellent midfield and if this is going to be their tactics over the next few weeks I fear for their ambitions. . They have spent some amounts of money this year and failure to get into the top flight will be a massive underachievement for them.   It’s an interesting league!! 

Archived