The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

I thought Petershill were going to cruise the league,  they probably still will. However it is getting a wee bit closer elsewhere  Troon and Largs seem to be griinding results out and a number of clubs have games in hand, any of them put a run together and they will be in the mix. I thought Renfrew looked good early in the season,  However Cambislang seem to have came good at a crucial time. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Petershill were going to cruise the league,  they probably still will. However it is getting a wee bit closer elsewhere  Troon and Largs seem to be griinding results out and a number of clubs have games in hand, any of them put a run together and they will be in the mix. I thought Renfrew looked good early in the season,  However Cambislang seem to have came good at a crucial time. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Cant see anyone Cruising it as u put it. This is going to the wire.
But I would be disappointed if we didn't finish in top 6 now though.

On 12/02/2018 at 19:36, dk81130 said:

Not true . We are on a similar budget to the better sides in the league as I stated above. Slightly more than you guys but not significantly more the fact you have signed a lot of players from us shows that you must be in the same ball park.

There you are for starters.

Knowing how close you are to the management team at Cambuslang, I know you don't seriously believe any of what you said there.

But hey, we move on.

29 minutes ago, glensmad said:

There you are for starters.

Knowing how close you are to the management team at Cambuslang, I know you don't seriously believe any of what you said there.

But hey, we move on.

Glensmad thats a fact.  We pay fair wages - maybe a bit more than you guys but nothing crazy. We are very lucky that we have a good committee and that the supporters trust run several events throughout the year to help the club including race nights, speakers night and a christmas raffles etc. Im sure you and your club do the same. The club has gone for it this year with the hope that we can get promoted. It is going to be very difficult but hopefully given our good recent form we can be up there challenging.

Just now, glensmad said:

Ok. emoji16.png

The fact that 4 players have left us to go to you probably resembles that you are not a million miles away from us. I didnt know brannigan tbh as he didnt play and as far as I am aware he has now left you but Gormley, Savarese and Kerr(all very good players) have moved to you guys and I would imagine on very similar if not better money.

3 minutes ago, dk81130 said:

The fact that 4 players have left us to go to you probably resembles that you are not a million miles away from us. I didnt know brannigan tbh as he didnt play and as far as I am aware he has now left you but Gormley, Savarese and Kerr(all very good players) have moved to you guys and I would imagine on very similar if not better money.

Lol. :thumsup2

As stated before, who gives a feck about what any club is paying players?
If we are paying good money and it gets us promoted I'm all for it. If u have it, spend it.

Sit back Camby Fans and enjoy it. This is a different level we are at just now and long may it continue. [emoji23][emoji6][emoji106]

7 hours ago, thelangonline said:

As stated before, who gives a feck about what any club is paying players?
If we are paying good money and it gets us promoted I'm all for it. If u have it, spend it.

Sit back Camby Fans and enjoy it. This is a different level we are at just now and long may it continue. emoji23.pngemoji6.pngemoji106.png

The quality in the squad Cambuslang has at the moment is pretty exciting (best in the league for me). It's gonna be some end to the season!

Hopefully there will be a full fixture card of seven games this weekend for the first time for a while :-

Irvine Meadow XI (9th) v Petershill (1st)

Kello Rovers (11th) v Cambuslang Rangers (2nd)

Kilsyth Rangers (10th) v Larkhall Thistle (13th)

Maryhill (14th) v Cumbernauld United (8th)

Renfrew (3rd) v Darvel Juniors (6th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Largs Thistle (4th)

Shettleston (12th) v Troon (5th)

Your thoughts ?

Archived