The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Cambuslang Rangers for confirming promotion to the West Region Premiership, as I predicted on 31st May last year on the very first day of this thread. The Camby boys for some reason don't like me talking them up, but I have consistently said all season that they would go up and have been proven correct again. I seem to have more faith in their team than some of their supporters, but hey ho. [emoji16]

Hopefully we can join them, but we have a lot of hard work to do to achieve that.

Congratulations to Cambuslang Rangers for confirming promotion to the West Region Premiership, as I predicted on 31st May last year on the very first day of this thread. The Camby boys for some reason don't like me talking them up, but I have consistently said all season that they would go up and have been proven correct again. I seem to have more faith in their team than some of their supporters, but hey ho. [emoji16]

Hopefully we can join them, but we have a lot of hard work to do to achieve that.

Seem to have more faith in Cambuslang going up than your own team. Glens should be out of that league with automatic promotion or at the very least a playoff spot

Seem to have more faith in Cambuslang going up than your own team. Glens should be out of that league with automatic promotion or at the very least a playoff spot

Cambuslang have been up at the top end of the league all season. They speculated and they accumulated. We have still to do our bit. I'm hopeful we can get there, but I never predict my own team's results. I can understand supporters of other teams being cautious about their prospects, but for me Cambuslang were always going up this year with the amount they have invested in their squad.

Cambuslang have been up at the top end of the league all season. They speculated and they accumulated. We have still to do our bit. I'm hopeful we can get there, but I never predict my own team's results. I can understand supporters of other teams being cautious about their prospects, but for me Cambuslang were always going up this year with the amount they have invested in their squad.

Haha well you can say their fans don’t have much faith in their own team if you are the exact same with your teams and don’t predict scores etc. Camby fans could be the exact same as you and not like to say stuff about their own team.

Haha well you can say their fans don’t have much faith in their own team if you are the exact same with your teams and don’t predict scores etc. Camby fans could be the exact same as you and not like to say stuff about their own team.

I didn't say they don't have much faith, I said I had more than them. [emoji6]

Shite/jobbie it’s the same thing. I do hope yous go up cause I have good pals at glens [emoji106]

Cheers, hopefully we can get there, it's still in our own hands. Two hard games but a potential big prize if we win them.

7 hours ago, glensmad said:

Very interesting that you make reference to the money that they have invested, where and how much?  I am not sure if it was a coincidence or not however it seems when there manager was away for those few weeks the team slumped?  IMO he has been key in getting them promoted.

Well done to all at Cambuslang a good we set up there and should be a good addition to the top flight.

Very interesting that you make reference to the money that they have invested, where and how much?  I am not sure if it was a coincidence or not however it seems when there manager was away for those few weeks the team slumped?  IMO he has been key in getting them promoted.
Well done to all at Cambuslang a good we set up there and should be a good addition to the top flight.

It's well known that several of Cambuslang's players are getting big money compared to other teams in this league. As I said, they speculated and they accumulated.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Well done to cambuslang on joining Peasie in promotion to the premier league.

Just waiting for Renfrew to be confirmed depending on results and hopefully Glencairn can win their remaining two games and score enough to get into that play off and make it a decent return for the central league sides.

I would expect who ever finishes 5 and 6th to give Girvan and Arthurlie a good game, probably favourites and  with 3 league wins between them this season, two of the poorest sides the league has had for a while IMO.

Does disappoint me seeing Arthurlie like this as I think when both Pollok and Arthurlie are doing well we bring out the best in each other.

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

...hopefully Glencairn can win their remaining two games and score enough to get into that play off...

A lot hinges on this weekend's results.

If we match Irvine Meadow's result this weekend (in terms of goal difference), then any form of win in our last game (Glens v Meadow) would be enough for us to finish above them.

However, if we were both to lose this weekend then Cumbernauld could slip in to 6th place if they beat Largs and we beat Meadow.

Still a lot of "ifs" and "buts". We'll know better where we all stand after Saturday's games.

Archived