The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

3 hours ago, BL2 said:
14 hours ago, LTFC1 said:
Didn't think there was much between the teams today until Largs scored. After that Cambusland seemed to implode and lacked discipline resulting in conceding a stonewall penalty. Being two down and a man down for a team which has played 4 games in a week meant there was no way back for Cambuslang. A very important win for us but wins for Troon, Medda and Rutherglen - and Renfrew getting beat - means there is still a lot to be decided in the hunt for automatic promotion and play-off places. I would fancy our chances now for automatic promotion now given the games left and the teams in the relevant promotion/play-off places still to play each other.

I done the maths (albeit half cut) and 4 pts puts us up.

I did the maths (sober) and 4 points isn't safe. This set of results would see Largs in the play-off spot.

The results all look normal enough to me - this is not what I think will happen. I initially set the results that made Largs second and only tweaked it slightly to show how 4 points isn't enough.

Table2017-18.JPG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I OK benburb says you were the worst team they have played this year and don't say you rested players and show disrespect as you are doing on here 
We did tho, that's a fact and it's not disrespectful. The manger put out a team he believed would win the game and it didnt work out that way. It showed that the strength in depth wasn't great. The Ben's also rested some players as they were in the middle of a great run in the league and maybe had a different priority. When we have our strongest team out we are winning games and the league doesn't lie that we've won the league with games to spare

Right thats mental, its universally agreed it wasn't a penalty.

And FWIW im not stating that Meadow are some sort of cheats (they didn't even appeal for a penalty if memory serves) But merely that that decision has a massive impact in the promotion race (currently).

Ffs watch it again. Eddie has his back to the keeper who swings his leg at him. Eddie raises his arms. What for if he isn’t kicked. He can’t see any kick if it misses him. No-one is saying it was a leg breaker, just a petulant swipe but still a penalty and a red card.

13 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Ffs watch it again. Eddie has his back to the keeper who swings his leg at him. Eddie raises his arms. What for if he isn’t kicked. He can’t see any kick if it misses him. No-one is saying it was a leg breaker, just a petulant swipe but still a penalty and a red card.

The refs have been told to get the meadow up 

that much is obvious and after what I witnessed at irvine and watched on here in highlights it’s hard to argue with 

that much is obvious and after what I witnessed at irvine and watched on here in highlights it’s hard to argue with 
Ooft. Lord only knows where you start with that. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]qy52ee506a.jpg

18 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I suppose we could start with - who has told them and why have they told them? Should be interesting. On second thoughts - it probably won't be.

They stole points from you guys with the softest penalty I’ve ever seen given 

and they got 2 against us mind u pity we had knocked 4 past them before that had happened 

10 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

They stole points from you guys with the softest penalty I’ve ever seen given 

and they got 2 against us mind u pity we had knocked 4 past them before that had happened 

That's incompetence of the referee. The red card was appealed and overturned. Nothing we can do about the result now. These things happen. It isn't part of a grand conspiracy.

2 hours ago, Peasyman said:
19 hours ago, jnr supporter said:
I OK benburb says you were the worst team they have played this year and don't say you rested players and show disrespect as you are doing on here 

We did tho, that's a fact and it's not disrespectful. The manger put out a team he believed would win the game and it didnt work out that way. It showed that the strength in depth wasn't great. The Ben's also rested some players as they were in the middle of a great run in the league and maybe had a different priority. When we have our strongest team out we are winning games and the league doesn't lie that we've won the league with games to spare

Not according to the  benburb manager who I spoke to yesterday and to be honest it's being disrespectful as its all about a squad as you say the league doesn't lie and all the best but to say Darvel were the worst team you have played when we are not close to bottom is also disrespectable for our first season in this league we have tried to compete with every team and apart from our second half performance against the champions I think we have done that 

You are utterly mental.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Legend I have not seen the highlights but just spoke to a meadow fan I didn't realise the meadow had missed a penalty if true earlier on in the game and he has just admitted he would have been upset if the decision had been the opposite way for the one they got last minute

4 minutes ago, Peasyman said:

The Benburb display was a poor one from Petershill, no argument. You've got the wrong guy if you think I said you were the worst team we've played, read the posts??

OK as I said congratulations on winning the league wish you all the best and we will keep trying to improve 

The worst team we have played this season is The Meadow after beating them twice away from home and drawing at home with them.

Doesn’t make them the worst team in the league though.

Twice? As far as I’m aware, our record against you this season is won one, drew one and lost one.

This is the lowest we’ve been in a good 10 years, this is the highest you’ve ever been. We’re that bad, we’re still an absolute mile ahead of you in the league.

Archived