The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

After our terrible start, I’m just glad we’re in the mix. Winning some games comfortably and also grinding out results like yesterday. Yesterday’s win takes us to 9 games in a row unbeaten and only 1 draw in-amongst that. Big big game against Darvel on Wednesday who on current form we should be beating then onto Peasy on Saturday... hope they go easy on us.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terrible performance from us today which puts paid to any promotion hopes we might have had, we totally dominated the game today but couldn’t score, another year in the lower leagues I fear [emoji22]

I'm not buying that for one second. [emoji6] No way have you or anybody connected to Cumbernauld United given up on a top 6 finish. I reckon you're just trying to take our eye off the ball for Wednesday night. [emoji6]

On 15/04/2018 at 11:43, .Stuart. said:

After our terrible start, I’m just glad we’re in the mix. Winning some games comfortably and also grinding out results like yesterday. Yesterday’s win takes us to 9 games in a row unbeaten and only 1 draw in-amongst that. Big big game against Darvel on Wednesday who on current form we should be beating then onto Peasy on Saturday... hope they go easy on us.

How did that work out ? :whistle

I'm not buying that for one second. [emoji6] No way have you or anybody connected to Cumbernauld United given up on a top 6 finish. I reckon you're just trying to take our eye off the ball for Wednesday night. [emoji6]

You heard it here first. Cumbernauld are right back in the mix now.

59 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

We don’t want to go up this season 

Work in progress Friend 

start well  finish well 

the plan is working 

You've changed your tune. Mission accomplished then bottom half of the table mediocrity. Well done.

What a difference from sat, we missed a wad of chances then Kello went up the park and scored, tonight we hustled from the kick off and put away our chances.

Tony Fraser was unfortunate to be sent off for what looked like a 50/50 challenge, maybe by that point the ref was fed up with his constant moaning [emoji23]

If we play like that we’re in the mix, the problem is we haven’t been consistent. Hopefully we can keep that level of play up for the remaining games

8 minutes ago, the rambler said:

You've changed your tune. Mission accomplished then bottom half of the table mediocrity. Well done.

we had to take stock half way through the season and tell the boys we are no ready off the park for the top league so we have been tinkering and trying things out but it was always the plan to go back to 4-4-2 against the meadow as they are no very good and it sets us up for the rest of the season now , i just hope we dont beat all the teams below us in the run in and finish 6th ^_^

Took in Cumbernauld v Glencairn. Pretty even start, but after the Glencairn defence left the tallest guy on the park unmarked at a corner for him to score with  a header,  then the home side were firmly in the driving seat. They got 2 more quickly, then they added another on the hour mark before the Glens pulled a couple back, aided and abetted by a couple of defensive howlers. Could have been a very sticky last few minutes for Nauld if Gary Smith hadn't fired a shot straight at the keeper when he looked a cert to score.

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

We don’t want to go up this season 

Work in progress Friend 

start well  finish well 

the plan is working 

We don't want to go up this season??? That comment really just sums u up. 

Tony Fraser was unfortunate to be sent off for what looked like a 50/50 challenge, maybe by that point the ref was fed up with his constant moaning [emoji23]

I think the referee was the only person in the ground who didn't see Tony playing the ball cleanly in the 50/50 challenge, he was conned by the Cumbernauld player screaming like a girl and then getting straight back up. Fortunately for us and Tony two yellows don't make a ban, and it didn't influence the result as it was the 92nd minute.

Took in Cumbernauld v Glencairn. Pretty even start, but after the Glencairn defence left the tallest guy on the park unmarked at a corner for him to score with  a header,  then the home side were firmly in the driving seat. They got 2 more quickly, then they added another on the hour mark before the Glens pulled a couple back, aided and abetted by a couple of defensive howlers. Could have been a very sticky last few minutes for Nauld if Gary Smith hadn't fired a shot straight at the keeper when he looked a cert to score.

A wee bit unfair on Gary in my opinion, he did well to create the shooting chance for himself and it wasn't a "cert" from my angle. I did think he was going to score though when he went past the defender on the outside, and that would have made it 4-3 with five minutes left. But hey ho, the keeper made the save and we move on.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Who has everyone left to play ? 

We have at home Maryhill shettleston Kilsyth kello rovers

away Maryhill cambuslang 

could 40 points get 6th place ? 

Perhaps it could, but its just wishful thinking to believe you could be there. Before last night we could have had 43 but now its 40 as well. Will we get there? No, I will be more than happy now with 30.  There are half a dozen teams like ourselves in this league who are far too inconsistent to think about promotion this year. You know who you are, I already posted who I think will occupy the top six places (and the bottom two) and I see no reason to change it. I think the two play-off teams will struggle against the bottom two in the Premier, no matter who they are.

Who has everyone left to play ? 
We have at home Maryhill shettleston Kilsyth kello rovers

away Maryhill cambuslang 
could 40 points get 6th place ? 

Glencairn's website has a results grid and a list of every team's remaining fixtures. Scroll down past the league table :-

http://www.freewebs.com/rutherglenglencairn/leaguetable.htm

I was thinking similarly to you that 40 points could well be enough for 6th place. It certainly has been every season we've been in this league so far.

Archived