The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

We have a decent budget but it’s on a similar level to petershill, meadow etc and me and you both know glencairn are decent at paying also.

Cambuslang are on a much much much higher level than Glencairn in terms of money they are offering. Believe me or don't believe me, it makes no difference to the reality.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve got to be happy with how we are doing in our first season up but I still think we are good enough for top 6 , I see a guy on here about the shettleston away  game , that was our worst performance by far this season by a mile but credit to them on the day they deserved it 

22 - Kilsyth Rangers
17 - Larkhall Thistle
15 - Shettleston
11 - Maryhill

I do agree that the above will be in the dogfight for bottom 2 and to be honest I think it will come down to who has the strongest squad/injuries when the catch up on games start 

Cambuslang will win league now after I thought Peasy where a shoe in about 2 months ago

If it finished liked this we would be happy,to stay in this league would be some achievement as we knew it would be very hard

If it finished liked this we would be happy,to stay in this league would be some achievement as we knew it would be very hard

Sorry to be pedantic, but nobody will be staying in this league next season. This league won't exist next season. And there's no automatic relegation, unlike previous years where the bottom four all went down without the safety net of a play-off.

Sorry to be pedantic, but nobody will be staying in this league next season. This league won't exist next season. And there's no automatic relegation, unlike previous years where the bottom four all went down without the safety net of a play-off.

Not technically right! The league you are in is currently 2nd top tier in West Region. Some of the teams will remain in the league which sits just under the Super League, so perhaps a different name but still where they are this year?

7 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

Not technically right! The league you are in is currently 2nd top tier in West Region. Some of the teams will remain in the league which sits just under the Super League, so perhaps a different name but still where they are this year?

I hear where you're coming from, but for me it won't be the same league. There will be 16 teams instead of 14, there will be 3 automatic promotion spots instead of 2 plus a play-off, there will only be 3 teams relegated out of 16 instead of 4 out of 14. It'll be a different dynamic altogether. Whether that makes it as competitive as it is just now remains to be seen.

Correct m8

I hear where you're coming from, but for me it won't be the same league. There will be 16 teams instead of 14, there will be 3 automatic promotion spots instead of 2 plus a play-off, there will only be 3 teams relegated out of 16 instead of 4 out of 14. It'll be a different dynamic altogether. Whether that makes it as competitive as it is just now remains to be seen.

I think the whole reconstruction will be good,and I also think it will work well if they get rid of the wee cups and only keep the 2 big ones,if they don't cut the cup competitions down and the we play more league games it will be chaos as we are seeing this at the moment and we haven't even increased the teams in the new league set up yet

16 minutes ago, larky9 said:

I think the whole reconstruction will be good,and I also think it will work well if they get rid of the wee cups and only keep the 2 big ones,if they don't cut the cup competitions down and the we play more league games it will be chaos as we are seeing this at the moment and we haven't even increased the teams in the new league set up yet

Yeh, certainly one of the District Cups needs to go, perhaps there will be room for the other depending on the format, but we'll see what the working party comes up with.

It'll be interesting to see how the increase in the number of teams and the decrease in the number of relegation spots affects the dynamic of the 2nd tier league compared to the current league. Will it mean teams can play with a bit more freedom without the worry of the trapdoor (4 teams relegated out of 14 was cut-throat), or will it mean some meaningless games towards the end of the season with teams who are safe from the drop but can't go up ? At the moment there are no meaningless games in this league, because you're either chasing promotion or fighting relegation, and sometimes both at the same time.

Yeh, certainly one of the District Cups needs to go, perhaps there will be room for the other depending on the format, but we'll see what the working party comes up with.
It'll be interesting to see how the increase in the number of teams and the decrease in the number of relegation spots affects the dynamic of the 2nd tier league compared to the current league. Will it mean teams can play with a bit more freedom without the worry of the trapdoor (4 teams relegated out of 14 was cut-throat), or will it mean some meaningless games towards the end of the season with teams who are safe from the drop but can't go up ? At the moment there are no meaningless games in this league, because you're either chasing promotion or fighting relegation, and sometimes both at the same time.

If I'm correct is the playoffs a 2 legged affair?

I don't see Kilsyth finishing in the bottom two. Although I hope your recovery waits till after Saturday. [emoji16]

I hope you're right about your first point. It's been a very poor season for us.

From the word go, we were always going to playing catch-up, with the manager walking away on the eve of the league commencing. Even at that, the guys who have came in just haven't been good enough. You can't expect to build a team of players from the lower end of the Junior leagues and expect them to come in and compete well in the Super Leagues. I'm not by any means trying to be disrespectful, but this is just fact!

We just need to try and consolidate this season

6 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

I hope you're right about your first point. It's been a very poor season for us.

From the word go, we were always going to playing catch-up, with the manager walking away on the eve of the league commencing. Even at that, the guys who have came in just haven't been good enough. You can't expect to build a team of players from the lower end of the Junior leagues and expect them to come in and compete well in the Super Leagues. I'm not by any means trying to be disrespectful, but this is just fact!

We just need to try and consolidate this season

Duncansfield is never an easy place to get a result, although we've got quite a good record there in the past 2 or 3 years.

I'm expecting a very tough match on Saturday.

Hopefully you guys manage to get it on, there's a fair bit of cold and wet weather forecast for this week, but at the moment it says dry on Saturday morning. You guys are usually good at getting your pitch playable when it's wet, so here's hoping you can do your magic again.

It's certainly going to be a close contest between the two of them, but they are both certainties for promotion in my opinion. Cambuslang are spending enormous amounts of money compared to the teams below them, so they should really be expecting to go up without any problem.
No matter what we are spending, as history tells u, it guarantees absolutely nothing.
So 'Certainties'?
U wont here that around the Somervell dressing room, that's for certain.

I'm more a 'hopefully' sort of person.

There are a lot of difficult games to come for all the top teams. Our games v Petershill will let us know just how close we are. We still to play Meadow, Largs and Peasie away, that's three very difficult games to start with.

No matter what we are spending, as history tells u, it guarantees absolutely nothing.
So 'Certainties'?
U wont here that around the Somervell dressing room, that's for certain.

I'm more a 'hopefully' sort of person.

There are a lot of difficult games to come for all the top teams. Our games v Petershill will let us know just how close we are. We still to play Meadow, Largs and Peasie away, that's three very difficult games to start with.

I can understand the Cambuslang fans not wanting to tempt fate, but fans of other clubs can assess it with less emotion, and in my opinion Cambuslang will go up with a bit to spare. You guys weren't happy with me saying the same thing last year, but I was correct then and I'll be correct this time as well.

I can understand the Cambuslang fans not wanting to tempt fate, but fans of other clubs can assess it with less emotion, and in my opinion Cambuslang will go up with a bit to spare. You guys weren't happy with me saying the same thing last year, but I was correct then and I'll be correct this time as well.
And I hope yer right.

Great time to be a Camby Fan.

Manager and backroom staff doing a superb job.

49 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It helps when you have lots more £££s than everybody else. emoji6.png

Not true . We are on a similar budget to the better sides in the league as I stated above. Slightly more than you guys but not significantly more the fact you have signed a lot of players from us shows that you must be in the same ball park.

Who is the sugar daddy?  All this cash isn't being handed over at the turnstile, that's for sure.

Does there have to be a sugardaddy? Or maybe lots of good sponsors tracked down by a hard working committee?
Take a look at clubs with programmes who have lots of paid for adverts, paid for advertising boards and names on shirts and other apparel. That’s where the money is and, hopefully, a club’s supporters will go to them if the need a taxi, optician, joiner, gardener or other service in order to return the favour.

Archived