The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong, the referee didn't see anything.
This is 100% correct. I get why fans of other teams are baffled by this but honestly nothing (or very close to nothing) actually happened.

Couldve been sorted by giving both teams a talking to at half time

This is 100% correct. I get why fans of other teams are baffled by this but honestly nothing (or very close to nothing) actually happened.

Couldve been sorted by giving both teams a talking to at half time
Or simply by sending off anyone that had committed a serious offence. The only grounds I can see for a ref calling a halt would be if he feared for his or the other match officials safety. If that was the case you would expect that the police would be called for.

Or simply by sending off anyone that had committed a serious offence. The only grounds I can see for a ref calling a halt would be if he feared for his or the other match officials safety. If that was the case you would expect that the police would be called for.
Nail on head. In my opinion (and lang fans will probably disagree) simply sending off their manager wouldve done it. He was involved from what i could see and was already on a warning during the half. The sight of a red wouldve probably ended the whole thing without having to lose another player

Nail on head. In my opinion (and lang fans will probably disagree) simply sending off their manager wouldve done it. He was involved from what i could see and was already on a warning during the half. The sight of a red wouldve probably ended the whole thing without having to lose another player
Cant see how the ref can send off ANYONE in this case. He didn't see anything, obviously didn't see what u did. I was told today that it was our manager that was hit, on the back of the head wi a cold pie[emoji23] [emoji23]

Cant see how the ref can send off ANYONE in this case. He didn't see anything, obviously didn't see what u did. I was told today that it was our manager that was hit, on the back of the head wi a cold pie[emoji23] [emoji23]
What happens during a game if an assistant spots an incident of e.g. violent conduct and brings it to the refs attention? Does he just ignore it because he didn't see it? Why should he not send off a member of the coaching staff if the assistant saw something he missed?

What happens during a game if an assistant spots an incident of e.g. violent conduct and brings it to the refs attention? Does he just ignore it because he didn't see it? Why should he not send off a member of the coaching staff if the assistant saw something he missed?

Yes,but don't abandon the game!

He went on the word of his assistant and abandoned the game. He didnt send anyone off because they couldnt/wouldnt/didnt see who did what they think they did.

He went on the word of his assistant and abandoned the game. He didnt send anyone off because they couldnt/wouldnt/didnt see who did what they think they did.

And the far side assistant flew off the park that quick that he couldn't have seen anything

Think we can put that one firmly in the chinese whispers category. If you were at the game im sure youll agree 100% of the needle was on the pitch. So unless a player had a pie (lets not rule that out) we can dismiss that one

Here's a picture of the 'incident' at HT - clearly Referee and Assistant can see exactly what's going on so they must have heard/seen something which they considered ground for abandonment. Seems like the Daily Record are going to be printing an article on this or at least planned on based on the link this picture came from. Based on comments on social media I believe a bit more than handbags happened however anyone with the possibility of having some connections seems to have their lips sown together.

Both the referee and the AR will submit reports to SFA, I suppose the only way we'll find out what really happened will be based on any punishment given to anyone involved.

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article11861209.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS140901907.jpg

JS140901907.jpg

33 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

Thats my picemoji12.png

26 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

Local paper has 'Mass Fight' being the reason.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/junior-football-cambuslang-rangers-boss-11861158

Referee's Report has Mass Fight as the reasoning. What I find strange about this article is McColl seems to go directly to no punches were thrown which makes me wonder if punches were thrown was in the report?

Archived