The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

Not the best starts going into the derby away from home next week.
It will come good for us, couple of players just not got going yet no better time to start than next week.

I hope you're right, but we've been waiting for it to come good for a while now with the same players. If you take pre-season into account, we've lost 8 out of the last 9 games. Something has to change to make it happen for us, as just rotating the same players isn't working at the moment.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I hope you're right, but we've been waiting for it to come good for a while now with the same players. If you take pre-season into account, we've lost 8 out of the last 9 games. Something has to change to make it happen for us, as just rotating the same players isn't working at the moment.

To lose 8 out of 9 is a worry.

Thè 4-3-1-2 we were all over the place team had no shape massive improvement when it changed at half time.

To lose 8 out of 9 is a worry.
Thè 4-3-1-2 we were all over the place team had no shape massive improvement when it changed at half time.

It was 4-1-3-2 first half, I assume that's what you meant. It didn't work and we were pulled apart. When we changed to 4-4-2 we were much better.

Just posted a message in the wrong thread, idiot!

But my thoughts on the Larkhall game was that we could have maybe got back into it in the second half but considering our manager and assistant manager weren't available we did well. Also with the fees and wages paid out by camby they should be disappointed if they don't finish in the promotion places this season

But my thoughts on the Larkhall game was that we could have maybe got back into it in the second half but considering our manager and assistant manager weren't available we did well. Also with the fees and wages paid out by camby they should be disappointed if they don't finish in the promotion places this season

What fees and wages?

Manager?

How do you know the fees and wages sorry ?
Is that why cambuslang won the game? Nothing to do with playing better today?
Wasn't at the game so couldn't tell you if they did or not LT.

8 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Anyway back to the football and no talkin about that eejit thats wired to the moon, great game between two good sides today in Kilsyth and Largs, end to end stuff at times, a draw a fair result in the end imo, we could have won it in the last 5 mins with a series of attacks and corners, all the best to Largs for the rest of the season, good bunch, enjoy my visits down there

Enjoy. Not being sarcastic, a bloody guid game to watch.

10 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Got to say it looked a good game, good coverage!

It was, played in a good spirit, a draw was probably about right and I said as much in my own report. Looking forward to visiting Largs for the return match, hopefully a league decider!

How do you know the fees and wages sorry ?
Is that why cambuslang won the game? Nothing to do with playing better today?
Wasn't at the game so couldn't tell you if they did or not LT.

6d69463018f5966e362164d30bab0909.jpg

Strange you say you weren't at the game yet on another thread you seem to have an opinion on how the game panned out! Maybe cause your new team play at the same time you can't comment on Camby any more [emoji23]

Haha was at the game Sherlock spud! Wanted to see LTs honest own views on the game without my opinion forcing him to defend his team.
You really do still think I'm george ?
Why would I comment on cambuslang when george is staff at glencairn ?

So firstly you mention your opinion on a game then afterwards you state you weren't at the game to see if you can get someone's honesty opinion on a game? Nah not having it! Maybe you should answer your last question yourself?

On 26/08/2017 at 21:04, glensmad said:

Is it me or have Glencairn made it difficult for themselves with poor starts for the past couple of seasons?

56 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Is it me or have Glencairn made it difficult for themselves with poor starts for the past couple of seasons?

Yes, that's a fair comment, and it's something I can't really understand. We seem to come on really strong in the second half of most seasons, but we always seem to start really slowly which leaves us with too much to do. We've never failed to finish in the top half of this league, but last season the slow start (10 points from the first 10 games) ultimately cost us promotion (we took 35 points from the next 16 games). It has been a similar scenario in seasons before that as well.

Archived