The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Hopefully a couple of new grounds to score off as I haven't been to Kello or Darvel, and it's years since we were last at Gasworks Park.

See, there are benefits to not getting promotion. Every cloud... :P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps you're right, I wasn't at the game, but I do know that Cambuslang were missing several players and they weren't quite as "up" for the match as they had been in the run-in to the end of the season.

Perthshire were missing 6 players aswell and obviously the management team for cambuslang were up for the match as they kept the players on the park at half time to have a go at there performance but I give my own team credit cause we pressed all over the park and last 30 mins scored 3 and should have been more with the chances we created

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, thierryhendrogba said:

Lol is that unknown at the moment? Going by ur posts and knowledge, i think u could be good at it

Lol, thanks for that, but I'm quite happy with the level I'm at just now. :-)

The West Region Secretary role will be decided at the West Region AGM next week. Usually the opening fixtures are given out at the AGM by the current secretary, but with his position under challenge this year then that may not happen as normal. However, the potential replacement has already made it public that he has fixtures ready to announce if he is voted in, so we may not need to wait too much longer than normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so now we know where we stand.

A top four finish gives you automatic promotion, and 5th and 6th gives you a play-off.

What a huge incentive for all teams in our league next season.

We could have a scenario where the team finishing in 6th place gets promoted but the team in 5th doesn't, but there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

We could also have a team being promoted in 6th place, while a team gets relegated in 13th only about four or five points behind, knowing how tight this league can be.

I can't wait for it to start, to be honest.

Ok, so now we know where we stand.
A top four finish gives you automatic promotion, and 5th and 6th gives you a play-off.
What a huge incentive for all teams in our league next season.
We could have a scenario where the team finishing in 6th place gets promoted but the team in 5th doesn't, but there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
We could also have a team being promoted in 6th place, while a team gets relegated in 13th only about four or five points behind, knowing how tight this league can be.
I can't wait for it to start, to be honest.

Yep very exciting league next season, although team in 13th like 14th wouldn't be relegated, they would have a play off to stay in the league.

1 hour ago, Budandavodka said:

Yep very exciting league next season, although team in 13th like 14th wouldn't be relegated, they would have a play off to stay in the league.

Hence my use of the word "could". ;-)

Second year in a row that we'll be playing Renfrew on the opening day, although last year it was at our place.

That'll be an interesting one, as I understand Renfrew have signed a few of our u21s.

Archived