The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

42 minutes ago, Bankie2015 said:

Will still be keeping a watchful eye over this league as it's always full of twists and turns. Early prediction is that rutherglen will be there or there shouts if they get in a couple players. Between this season and the season prior I felt they were one of the strongest sides bankies had played. Was very surprised they only managed a mid table finish last season 

We will be bringing in more than a couple of players, with a few moving on, but it won't be the massive change in the squad that we had last summer. I understand that the vast majority of the squad will be staying.

We'll have more to say about arrivals and departures when I get the nod from above.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We will be bringing in more than a couple of players, with a few moving on, but it won't be the massive change in the squad that we had last summer. I understand that the vast majority of the squad will be staying.
We'll have more to say about arrivals and departures when I get the nod from above.

From above!

7 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

We will certainly finish above meadow 

their new manager won't improve them 

looking forward to goin to new places 

#obsessed with Meadow,

so many anti Meadow posts, was it enquiring about your Captain, or losing big bet on Scottish tie, just curious

On 5/31/2017 at 10:52, king Henrik7 said:

See if somebody else started this thread you would have been devastated. This is Peters gig n nobody better touch it.

There must have been a good few out there thinking this haha....

Very difficult league again , anyone can beat anyone as this league proved this season , troon an largs will be favourites probably to go back up , ad to a stronger meadow , petershill , glencairn , shettleston an the newly promoted teams , the list goes on .

7 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

...troon an largs will be favourites probably to go back up...

That will probably be the case initially, but the three relegated teams all failed to be finish in the top three this season.

I expect Petershill to be very strong next season. Cambuslang Rangers will unquestionably be challenging.

If we can continue our form of the second half of the season (30 points) then we will be up there again as well. If we'd had that form at the start of the season as well we'd have won the league by a distance, but hopefully we can carry our momentum into the start of next season and get off to a good start for a change.

Don't know what the managers plans r if to give the boys a chance who got us promoted as champions for the first time in 50 years in this league or bring in new faces  but no matter it looks as though it will b a very difficult league with competition from everyone 

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Cambuslang Rangers will unquestionably be challenging.

Far from unquestionable going by their performance I saw against Perthshire.

They won the Central first on goal difference between , no by a landslide.

I would be waiting to see what players they bring in before their commenting on challenging potential.

6 minutes ago, ash said:

Far from unquestionable going by their performance I saw against Perthshire.

They won the Central first on goal difference between , no by a landslide.

I would be waiting to see what players they bring in before their commenting on challenging potential.

I think the match v Perthshire was very much an "after the Lord Mayor's Show" scenario for them.

I've heard the sort of player they have been targetting and the sort of money they are offering, so I expect them to be challenging near the top.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I think the match v Perthshire was very much an "after the Lord Mayor's Show" scenario for them.

I've heard the sort of player they have been targetting and the sort of money they are offering, so I expect them to be challenging near the top.

Bit disrespectful to Perthshire that, pal. They beat Darvel before that too. They've done well in that cup.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Bit disrespectful to Perthshire that, pal. They beat Darvel before that too. They've done well in that cup.

Perhaps you're right, I wasn't at the game, but I do know that Cambuslang were missing several players and they weren't quite as "up" for the match as they had been in the run-in to the end of the season.

Archived