The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

Ok, since there are now other threads started for season 2017-18, I thought it was time to start this one. :thumsup2

The teams confirmed for next season (in alphabetical order) :-

Cambuslang Rangers

Cumbernauld United

Darvel Juniors

Irvine Meadow XI

Kello Rovers

Kilsyth Rangers

Largs Thistle

Larkhall Thistle

Maryhill

Petershill

Renfrew

Rutherglen Glencairn

Shettleston

Troon

Let the debate commence. I'll give "lang" five minutes before he tips Ruthergleng Glencairn for relegation....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Krfc 10 said:

Glencairn to win it if the second half of this season is anything to go by :)

I sincerely hope I'm quoting this post in a positive way this time next year.

Ok, since there are now other threads started for season 2017-18, I thought it was time to start this one. :thumsup2
The teams confirmed for next season (in alphabetical order) :-
Cambuslang Rangers
Cumbernauld United
Darvel Juniors
Irvine Meadow XI
Kello Rovers
Kilsyth Rangers / Kilwinning Rangers
Largs Thistle
Larkhall Thistle
Maryhill / Yoker Athletic
Petershill
Renfrew
Rutherglen Glencairn
Shettleston
Troon
Let the debate commence. I'll give "lang" five minutes before he tips Ruthergleng Glencairn for relegation....

See if somebody else started this thread you would have been devastated. This is Peters gig n nobody better touch it.

This thread is going to be an absolute disaster once Darvel Legend gets wind of it.

Tough tough league next season. I would expect Troon to perhaps run away with it and everyone else going for 2nd. Glens will be confident as will Petershill and Kilsyth/Kilwinning whoever loses the playoff.

I'd expect us to be stronger next season too. A poor run of form at the wrong time ruined our chances but Ross is already speaking to potential targets so it's all looking promising.

This thread is going to be an absolute disaster once Darvel Legend gets wind of it.

Tough tough league next season. I would expect Troon to perhaps run away with it and everyone else going for 2nd. Glens will be confident as will Petershill and Kilsyth/Kilwinning whoever loses the playoff.

I'd expect us to be stronger next season too. A poor run of form at the wrong time ruined our chances but Ross is already speaking to potential targets so it's all looking promising.

Wouldn't say Troon will run away with with the amount of players that's so called leaving. That's a rebuilding job.

52 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

I'm not so sure about Troon running away with it unless they have some money to spend again. The three teams who came down from the Super Premier last summer have all failed to be promoted straight back up, and two of them have finished in mid table, so there should be no assumptions.

I do expect Irvine Meadow to put in a stronger challenge, though, I'll agree with you on that one, although credit goes to your managers for stabilising what could have been a sinking ship. They were never really in any danger of relegation and were in touch with the promotion issue until the final month or so of the season, which was better than some people were predicting last summer.

8 minutes ago, lang said:

Would fancy Medda an Peasie depending on summer signings plus ourselves if we sort out our defenceemoji3.png

Yes, I do fancy Cambuslang to challenge, as I'm hearing they've made some big money offers to players.

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

Agree with this. For me, him and other Darvel posters ruined the ADL thread last year with daft chants and goading. Hope they behave themselves next season.

Will still be keeping a watchful eye over this league as it's always full of twists and turns. Early prediction is that rutherglen will be there or there shouts if they get in a couple players. Between this season and the season prior I felt they were one of the strongest sides bankies had played. Was very surprised they only managed a mid table finish last season 

Archived