Confederations Cup 2017

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

No Tahiti, no party.

Fear not - they have provided the spare referee :lol:.

Usually an enjoyable tournament and fills up June nicely enough.

You'd think Portugal should win Group A and I'll tip Russia for second ahead of Mexico given effects of home advantage: they also meet in the last game so one of them will know if a draw suffices. Group B has a different complexion now that Germany have left out a lot of their big hitters, but you'd still expect them and Chile to progress. I'll got for a Portugal-Chile final and Germany-Russia 3rd/4th-place playoff.

On 31 May 2017 at 14:57, HibeeJibee said:

You'd think Portugal should win Group A and I'll tip Russia for second ahead of Mexico given effects of home advantage: they also meet in the last game so one of them will know if a draw suffices. Group B has a different complexion now that Germany have left out a lot of their big hitters, but you'd still expect them and Chile to progress. I'll got for a Portugal-Chile final and Germany-Russia 3rd/4th-place playoff.

It's a safe prediction, but I'll go for a Germany-Portugal final. Whilst they've left out a number of key players, Germany still have a ridiculously talented squad to choose from. Chile will be their only real threat in that group and their away record has been dreadful since Sampaoli left for Sevilla. Russia were brutal at the Euros, but home advantage might be enough for them to see off Mexico for second. That group is Portugal's to lose IMO.

On 5/31/2017 at 12:14, Bully Wee Villa said:

No Tahiti, no party.

I look like a Hipster-football p***k saying this, but that Tahiti goal is one of my favourite football moments.

Archived