Confederations Cup 2017

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fancied a Portugal result. Felt they were the better side against Mexico and would have won, but for sloppy defending. Alves in for Fonte today is a positive as I thought the latter was pretty terrible. Russia haven't been in particularly great form coming into this tournament and whilst they looked decent in the opening game, NZ are a very poor side.

NZ are doing pretty well. It´s near enough a Mexican B side, but still, they are much better than their opponents so far.

I'd also say that the New Zealand team is just as good, if not better than the Socceroos on paper.

NZ are doing pretty well. It´s near enough a Mexican B side, but still, they are much better than their opponents so far.
I'd also say that the New Zealand team is just as good, if not better than the Socceroos on paper.

Will they want to stay in Oceania or are they likely to follow Australia into the Asian confederation? Seems to be a pretty tough route to get to world cup via play offs and playing the dross they do for 4 years can't be helping their development

Archived