Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

Today my thoughts are with the legend Tommy Brannan's family as he's laid to rest. Unfortunately I couldn't make the funeral which is hard to take but I'll have the boys up for it tomorrow as we play our last game of the season. Rip Tommy you'll never be forgotten

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, A.M said:

I dont disagree, but travelling was also mentioned

They complain about travelling to Broxburn for a cup final but are happy to travel to Berwick, Eyemouth, Coldstream, and Hawick for EOS league games next season.

You couldn`t make it up !!!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

They complain about travelling to Broxburn for a cup final but are happy to travel to Berwick, Eyemouth, Coldstream, and Hawick for EOS league games next season.

You couldn`t make it up !!!!!!!!

As opposed to travelling to Carnoustie, Forfar and Dundee that are much closer? Also, they'll likely only travel to 1 or 2 of these 4 you mentioned...

4 hours ago, Truthteller said:

They must have been prepared to travel when they applied to join the EOS doh !!!!

It really doesn't become anymore truthful just because you repeat and repeat and repeat it..... 

I would suggest you go and break it down and come back an tell us all just how much more a club will be travelling in their league in the eosfl (when the leagues are drawn) compared to what their travel would have been had they stayed in the Juniors. I suggest that at maximum it would be no more than an average of 10 extra miles per game..... That's not a lot really is it? And in some cases, considerably less.. 

It really doesn't become anymore truthful just because you repeat and repeat and repeat it..... 
I would suggest you go and break it down and come back an tell us all just how much more a club will be travelling in their league in the eosfl (when the leagues are drawn) compared to what their travel would have been had they stayed in the Juniors. I suggest that at maximum it would be no more than an average of 10 extra miles per game..... That's not a lot really is it? 
This season Bonnyrigg's league round trip travel ranged from 4 miles (Newtongrange) to 168 miles (Forfar West End) and averaged out at 86 miles per game, even if we somehow ended up in a league with Coldstream, Tweedmouth, Eyemouth and Jeanfield the average travel would still be significantly less than this year.

This season Bonnyrigg's league round trip travel ranged from 4 miles (Newtongrange) to 168 miles (Forfar West End) and averaged out at 86 miles per game, even if we somehow ended up in a league with Coldstream, Tweedmouth, Eyemouth and Jeanfield the average travel would still be significantly less than this year.
Similar is true of Dunipace, with the Ayrshire teams entering the West league's in one system.

With all the new junior applicants, Dunipace travel distances now likely to be less than staying in the West regardless of how the sections are made up.

4 hours ago, G4Mac said:

I would suggest you go and break it down and come back an tell us all just how much more a club will be travelling in their league in the eosfl (when the leagues are drawn) compared to what their travel would have been had they stayed in the Juniors. I suggest that at maximum it would be no more than an average of 10 extra miles per game..... That's not a lot really is it? And in some cases, considerably less.. 

That means coherent joined up typing.  Oh! plus thinking it through.:rolleyes:

Tomorrow for me is all about 1 man and that's Tommy Brannan. Our promotion is dedicated to him. Proudest moment for me earlier in the season he said we were great to watch that will stay with me for a long time. He's watched many a Fauldhouse team in his days and that was the ultimate compliment. We will do our best to give him the best send off possible

Season finished
Goal of getting automatic promotion completed I couldn't be happier. Although after gaining promotion the last 3 games where a bit of a damp squib I can't fault the players as they had virtually half a season to fit in last couple of months. I would like to take the chance to thank EVERYONE at the club for their support and help it's greatly appreciated. We now look forward to playing super league football next season and with that there will be changes on the playing side. Unfortunately and reluctantly we have put Jamie 'messi' McLeod up for sale due to his work commitments. Also Martin Lawrie will be moving on with a few more next week or so but I would like to thank Martin for his contribution to our promotion and wish him every success. There will be new players coming in and will be announced in due course.

4 hours ago, jc1 said:

Season finished
Goal of getting automatic promotion completed I couldn't be happier. Although after gaining promotion the last 3 games where a bit of a damp squib I can't fault the players as they had virtually half a season to fit in last couple of months. I would like to take the chance to thank EVERYONE at the club for their support and help it's greatly appreciated. We now look forward to playing super league football next season and with that there will be changes on the playing side. Unfortunately and reluctantly we have put Jamie 'messi' McLeod up for sale due to his work commitments. Also Martin Lawrie will be moving on with a few more next week or so but I would like to thank Martin for his contribution to our promotion and wish him every success. There will be new players coming in and will be announced in due course.

I went yesterday, a poor game to finish with, but I enjoyed your ground. A nice, tidy ground and a good crowd. Well done on this season and good luck next season.

VERY NICE EXTRACT FROM FACEBOOK REPORT FROM FANS WHO TRAVELLED UP FROM DALBEATTIE AND ENDED UP TAKING IN THE HOOSE GAME AT PARKVIEW ON SATURDAY

The anticipated match at rutherglen for the glencairn v Pollock game turned out to be postponed due to a murder incident.we only found this out around 12.30 whilst having our dinner in wetherspoons in rutherglen.so a look at what was available to goto and decided on a visit to fauldhouse v tayport.on arrival at park view the 1st person we bumped into was young hearts player Rory Currie,here to see his brother playing for fauldhouse.after finding out that we had travelled a couple of hours we were shown around their facilities including their boxing ring/Tae Kwon do gym and changing rooms.also told to head into the committee room at half time for tea and sarnies!just love non league football.the game itself was totally meaningless yet both teams served up a entertaining spectacle.despite the 4-0 win for tayport it was only due to the better finishing and not their overall play.later on we also bumped into another of hearts young guns Jamie Brandon and fellow Jambo Rob Mildren.a decent day out once again with folk who don't half make you feel welcome.

The Fauldhouse Fans facebook page has the full copy with pictures.

Go The Hoose!!

Archived